Hawaii
Options

DIY Invite help - what type of glue did you use?

Hi ladies.  I'm finally putting together my invitations.  We have pocketfolds and I bought basho paper.  I was wondering what type of glue or adhesive did you use?  I want to glue the basho directly to the pocketfold, but then I want our written portion (linen cardstock) glued directly on to the basho.  Please help!  TIA!

Re: DIY Invite help - what type of glue did you use?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used the spray adhesive on mine.  Just make sure you cover anything around you (counters, etc.) that you don't want the glue on.  It is messy but it worked well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used double sided glue tape. All the glue I got from the paper store resulted in my paper warping. =(
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Tombow permanent adhesive, which comes in a little roller.  I got it at Paper Zone, but they sell it at craft stores.  It works on paper and cardstock, and I'm finding that it's working fine on my stuff, and is pretty easy to apply - it lays down a narrow strip of adhesive down, and you can stick it to whatever.  I got it for $6.50 and refills are $4.50, which are really easy to insert.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used double-stick tape for everything.  Note, this is not the same as double-stick scotch tape.  It's available at craft stores and is usually found in the scrapbooking section.  It also comes in different widths.

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat2782&PRODID=prd1056

Before starting my DIY invitations, I did some research on adhesives, and many, crafters said double-stick tape was the way to go.  It is strong and not messy.  It should work just fine on your bosho paper.  The only downside is that it is a bit of work to cut pieces from the roll and peel the backing off.  I had FI help with that!

HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I really appreciate all of your help!  Time to go to the store and get started!  I'll make sure to post the final product.  Take care!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A little late, but I also like double sided craft tape.  You can get it in a rolling dispenser that cuts itself--but then you have to peel back all the white backing.  Same with adhesive squares.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did the same thing with my invitations and we used Scotch brand permanent double-sided tape (had to go downstairs & check after reading Jamie's post!) and it worked out just fine.  :)  We pretty much used it for everything on the invitations.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.  My Dad actually went to the store and got some double-sided tape.  We have all of our materials at their house.  He tried it out and said it works great!  We're going to start putting them together tomorrow after work.  Can't wait until they are all finished and mailed out!  Thanks again!
  • Options
    MissP.MissP. member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have NEVER been able to do my invtes without my ATG gun..it was a life saver!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards