Hawaii
Options

Weather Forecast... did you look?

Hi Ladies, I was just curious if any of you who had an outdoor wedding in Hawaii looked at the weather forecast the day before? I'm thinking I should just go with the flow and not look!!!

Re: Weather Forecast... did you look?

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    Once I arrived on the island I never ONCE looked at the weather forecast.  It was super windy most afternoons and rained here and there.  But on my wedding day it was gorgeous!  Save yourself the stress and don't fret over the weather report.
  • Options
    Lyn...did you have a tent at Olowalu?  I still haven't made up my mind.  Cherise says it's a good idea, but I love the idea of being out under the stars.
    Any suggestions?  We are getting married November 3.

Knowing myself, I will probably be looking at the weather forecast, I get OCD like that!
    Thanks!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_weather-forecast-did-you-look?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:f98e02ca-ca3f-4c02-bac8-9e359fa12b24Post:45155f9e-0342-4e03-bc82-50db15c292a1">Re: Weather Forecast... did you look?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Once I arrived on the island I never ONCE looked at the weather forecast.  It was super windy most afternoons and rained here and there.  But on my wedding day it was gorgeous!  Save yourself the stress and don't fret over the weather report.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I looked. It said 20% chance of rain... like everyday for a month. We had a cloud sit on us for like 7 minutes, and that was the end of it.

We didn't do a tent at Olowalu (they weren't permitted at the time, I think the rules have changed) because you had to set them around the side of the house, but I'm glad we didn't get one! The stars were the perfect canopy!
  • Options
    I added Honolulu to my weather app b/c it wouldn't recognize Waimanalo lol. I'm not too worried about it though, I have a backup indoor location if it rains and we have the option to wait out the rain for a while too. I would love to takes some pix in the rain anyway, I think it would be fun after the ceremony. Our cottage is 9blks away from the wedding site so worse case senario is we go change then leave for dinner. Matter of fact I will bring us some extra clothes just in case! Thankfully I've already tested my wedding hair-do in the shower, my curls shrink to tighter ones, but it'll still look cute, just gotta make sure the makeup is waterproof and I'm set ;-) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, I looked.  Every. Single. Day. Starting like 1 month out, when it's fully irrelevant.  And everything looked perfect until about a week before, when the tsunami hit and flooded our venue.  And then a few days before, storms started creeping in.  It ended up being a stunning but totally windy day.

I was in this weird zen bride mode where nothing could wipe the smile off my face.  But seriously, if you are one to stress about weather, just don't look :)
  • Options
    In general Hawaii weather is amazingly consistent. With the exception of a bizarre natural disaster you should be fine.
  • Options
    We are getting married about 1.5 months after you in Decemeber and Cherise suggested for us to get a tent. I like the idea of not having one, but I think it's a good idea if you have a lot of guests, like us. We anticipate at least 100, and if it rains, where will they go? So if you have a small wedding and everyone can fit under the lanai during a passing shower, then forego the tent if you feel comfortable doing that...
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just got married yesterday at Sugarmans and it was cloudy and rain a little bit. I was glad it was cloudy because it made the afternoon less hot. The rain wasn't a big deal but I was still glad we got a clear top tent for only the dining tables. I didn't look often at the weather forecast more bc I was busy and it slipped my mind.
  • Options
    I didn't look.  I was too afraid.  The morning of, it was sprinkling out and was super windy.....after that I checked the hourly forecast, but it cleared up by lunchtime so we were fine!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think I'm not going to look! Like a post above, it's not like I can control it anyway...
  • Options
    Don't look! I think there is always rain in the forecast. I was worried about rain because it had been a bit rainy and windy in the 3 days before our wedding. But the day of everything cleared up and the weather was perfect. You just never know and it is not worth stressing about since you are in paradise. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards