Hawaii
Options

Maui's west side beaches

Has anyone been to DT Fleming and Ironwood?

My planner suggested DT Fleming, I was searching for pics online and stumbled across Ironwood.

I am expecting 50 -60 guests.  I was told that DT Fleming has bathrooms and public parking.

Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maui's west side beaches

• Options
    scottie_mommyscottie_mommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone been to DT Fleming and Ironwood?

My planner suggested DT Fleming, I was searching for pics online and stumbled across Ironwood.

I am expecting 50 -60 guests.  I was told that DT Fleming has bathrooms and public parking.

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    or even the Royal Lahaina?

Their website has nice pics.  Has anyone been married there, or is planning to be married there?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to DT Fleming. It is nice and big with a fair bit of parking.
  • Options
    fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Didn't stop by DT Fleming when we were there, but in general, we found that the west side beaches were a bit more "turbulent" in terms of weather/breaks than the south side.  But still beautiful nonetheless!

As for Royal Lahaina, we stopped by the property and it was beautiful...their wedding services department is supposed to be top notch.  I'd recommend shooting them an e-mail...they're super responsive!  I didn't explore it as much as I would have liked to, because we had already visited a number of resorts in the area (and exploring each was exhausting!!).  I think knottie aliblu is getting married there though, so maybe she could give you some pointers...

• Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DT Fleming is gorgeous!! I didn't bring my camera that day and I was kicking myself. The beach and parking area is big...there was a sign saying it was voted one of North America's best beaches in 2008? 2009? This is where we had the best body surfing because of the sand bar breaks. It's surrounded by palm trees....worth checking into!
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
    I trust my WC, but I still can't help worrying if we are choosing the right spot since I have never been.
    Thanks for the tips with Royal Lahaina.
    Actually Aliblu and I have the same date, I should talk to her to find out what she's got going on.  that way I know to look elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards