Hawaii
Options

tanning pre-wedding?

Hey girls,

Are any of you spray tanning or doing the old fashioned tanning bed prior to your wedding day? My wedding is 3/23 and my body hasn't seen the sun for a VERY long time - I'm pretty pale. I'm going to start using a tanning bed soon only so I don't blend into my dress. Just curious what you are doing.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: tanning pre-wedding?

• Options
    Hmm, TK must be having some issues as I can't see your message.  But, yes I tanned before our wedding because I get sun poisoning really easy in the hot Maui sun.  Having a base tan helps a lot, and who doesn't want to look tanned and fabulous on your big day?
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh that's weird. My question was if anyone is tanning pre-wedding? :) I'm super pale and never get tanned until the very end of summer. Spray tans are great but I think it will rub off on my dress-that would be horrible! So, I'm going to start using tanning beds. Just curious if anyone else did this too, that's all. Exactly- a little tan and fabulous! Cheers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yah I can't see her post either, wierd! I plan on pre-tanning as well to get a nice base for Maui, will probably go a couple of times a week, I don't want to look too unatural! My fiance and I are going to start tanning this weekend as our wedding is in three weeks!! Yahoo!!
    Lees xx
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi Dre, we must of been posting at the same time lol! Im not a fan of spray tans as I've tried them before and I found them to be spotty vs the beds! I always do a little pre-tanning before vacations and find that I dont end up burning because of it! Just dont go too much, I find if I overdue it I start to look orange!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I started pre-tanning at the tanning booth at the gym a little while ago.  I am not using any accelerator or bronzer though.  I ended up orange last year when I pre-tanned before Mexico.  I am usually pretty white skinned and really think it helps if you are not used to the hot sun.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Great to hear that others are doing it too. I have never done the tanning bed and feel weird going for some reason. Heading in today for my very first time! ha Thanks ladies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not.  I'm pasty white, but the risk of skin cancer is something I'd like to avoid as much as possible.  We're in Hawaii for several days before the wedding, and my plan is a lot of sunscreen, unbrella at the beach, strapless tops/bikiki and full sleeve rash guard for surfing to avoid weird tan lines.  

• Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_tanning-pre-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:fc60e806-499f-490a-b051-044252e81d1dPost:43de842c-42d8-432b-a608-8761b2f05c59">Re: tanning pre-wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not.  <strong>I'm pasty white, but the risk of skin cancer is something I'd like to avoid as much as possible.</strong> <strong> We're in Hawaii for several days before the wedding, and my plan is a lot of sunscreen, unbrella at the beach, strapless tops/bikiki and full sleeve rash guard for surfing to avoid weird tan lines. </strong> 
    Posted by kje_[/QUOTE]

Ditto all of this (except the rash guard before the wedding, I only put it on after, as I always get lines from them)!
  • Options
    Tan lines Kaesha, or lines from the shirt??  I was ok last time I wore one and I don't want to go surfing in a strapless top!!  :)

• Options
    Even though I did a huge report on cancer and tanning beds for college and I know how bad it is, I will prob tan a bit before we go. I am going to make sure I don't go in to long to avoid burning, which is really bad! I will prob also wear a SPF 15 on my face. I used to tan every year before summer because my Aunts own a salon and I can go for free but I have not tanned in 2 years since I did the report, it scared me!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    I'll tan before the wedding. It's a lot worse to get burned from not building a base then it is to slowly build a base like you can with beds. Just start really low on the minutes. My FI and I are both tanning right now since we leave for our planning trip next week. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_tanning-pre-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:fc60e806-499f-490a-b051-044252e81d1dPost:294288c2-a1d1-4ccf-915d-9cc0d66d5e7c">Re: tanning pre-wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tan lines Kaesha, or lines from the shirt??  I was ok last time I wore one and I don't want to go surfing in a strapless top!!  :)
    Posted by kje_[/QUOTE]

Tan lines from wherever the shirt doesn't cover! I'm lucky insofar as I rarely burn, but I tan in a drop of sunshine. I had to go without my kayak gloves that summer because I always end up with a weird fingerless glove tan if I wear them. The lines on my wrists and fingers were especially nutty looking.
  • Options
    I didn't tan pre wedding. There's a lot of cancer, including skin cancer, in my family and it's not worth the risk. A friend of mine from the dw board here used a tanning bed and it caused a wart that she had on the back of her leg to multiply. She just had 9 warts removed off her upper leg/ass. So if tanning beds weren't gross/dangerous enough, they also can spread warts. Yuck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards