Hawaii
Options

Help!

Hallo Ladies! I just moved to Oahu with my fiance ( he is in he Navy) and we are having our wedding here next June! I need some help on venues and and prettty much everything else. I would like to have an outdoor wedding and very colorful. The weddign is going to be laid back with a bohemeian flare to it.  If anyone has suggestions on anything please let me know!  Kinda lost on where to start. Thank you!

Re: Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome to the board!  The good news is that you have PLENTY of time to figure things out, Oahu has a wealth of resources, and the ladies here have a lot of information to share.  We generally recommend you start with the following:

1.  Budget - this dictates everything!
    2.  Venue type - resort?  private estate?  beach?  restaurant?
    3.  Approximate guest count? (of course dependent on #1)

Once you get a feel for the big elements, the rest comes together.  But nailing down the budget and type of feel will help us in giving you ideas.  Looking forward to hearing more about your wedding plans!  I'm pretty jealous you get to live on Oahu :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Tanq&Tonic that you need to nail down those 3 things. Once you do your options will be easier to decide on. I know Lanikuhonua is popular on here (I got married there...it's the west side of the island Ko'Olina). There is Kualoa Ranch (LOST used to film there), various places all over the island that are amazing!! Oahu is beutiful & the girls on here are SOOOO helpful! You can click on my planning bio & see what vendors I used. I'm happy to offer any help, just PM me :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't know if any one mentioned but there are a LOT of military discounts offered to people getting married. So be sure to ask!
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you're new to the island you may want to consider getting a WC to help you out.  Ours had a variety of packages to choose from and she helped us determine which location was the best fit based on our budget.   www.hawaiiweddingsandevents.com
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement and being stationed in Oahu and welcome to the board! J. :-)
  • Options
    Racheltj21Racheltj21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone! I think I have a handle on things now. If I have anyother questions I will be sure to ask. :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards