Alabama

Venues in Huntsville AL

Hi fellow brides! This is my first time posting on here but I think google is tired of me and I need some fresh ideas :) My fiance and I are planning on having our wedding next spring. I would love an outdoor ceremony, and reception at the same site or nearby. So far I'm not having the best of luck in my venue search. I have a budget of $5000, would love to stay under it. I just need some venue ideas that wont take up a majority of the budget. Thank you for your help!

Re: Venues in Huntsville AL

• edited December 2011
    It's not quite Huntsville, but have you seen Cathedral Caverns?
  • edited December 2011

Venue tends to be one of the biggest expenses, so if you're on a tight budget I would recommend looking into outdoor venues like public parks that are super cheap or even free to reserve.

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best place I can recommend is Annabella at Cedar Glen. They specialize in outdoor weddings and can have the reception on the same location. Is your entire wedding budgegt $5000, or is that just for the reception? Annabella will be more expensive in the summer and on Saturdays, but less expensive during off-season and Sundays.

We're getting married there in July and they couldn't be more great or helpful. This is the website:
    http://www.annabellaweddings.com/

ETA: Also check out Burritt on the Mountain. Gorgeous outdoor location and you can have the reception in multiple other places on the grounds. I believe it will be cheaper than Annabella but it's been a year since I got pricing.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know any places in that area, but feel your pain. I searched the web up and down for a venue. I thought I had seen it all, but every once in a while I would run across something new just by changing my wording in my search. Maybe even try searching for cities near Huntsville.  Sorry I couldn't be of any help. Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your ideas ladies! I searched a little deeper on the web and found Founders Hall at Athens State as a potential possibility. Is anyone here planning a wedding there or have ever been to one there? I talked to a lady there and the pricing isn't bad at all for the space. The biggest problem is that they don't allow you to rent the space no more than 6 months in advance.
    Thanks for your help!
  • edited December 2011
    We're having the ceremony in a church, but our reception is going to be at Cherokee Ridge (http://www.cherokeeridge.com/index.php/home). The address is Union Grove instead of Huntsville, but it's only just outside of Huntsville. It's a golf clubhouse type thing and it's very pretty. I don't know for sure if they'd do a ceremony there, but I can't see why not because they have several places outside that would work. The price for the reception was pretty reasonable (around 1000), but that also includes chairs, tables, tablecloths, pretty much whatever.
    Know I'm a little late on this one, but hope it helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards