Alabama

Happy Friday!

So what are everyone's weekend plans?

FI quit his job a few weeks ago and he picks up his final paycheck today.  So we're sad that he has to search for a new job, but glad that we'll have more time to spend together.  We've got our finances all in order, so we plan to pretty much "blow" this last paycheck on ourselves.  FI said he's getting us pizza for dinner tonight!  Woohoo!

Tonight I'll try to write a couple of thank you notes for wedding gifts we've received.  I'm also waiting to hear back from my DOC about who to make the check out to for the payment for her to attend my rehearsal.  I hope to hear back from her today, and then I'll write that check and get it ready to mail tonight.

Tomorrow FI and I will be going on what will probably be our last date before the wedding, not only because of money concerns (see above) but also because we're getting married in 3 WEEKS!  So we plan to drop the thank you notes and stuff in the mail, eat at Olive Garden, and drop by the mall to return a duplicate gift (thank goodness it came with a receipt!) and do a little shopping.  After that we're going over to my parents' house so I can wash my car (we live in an apartment, so no water hose, haha).  Then it's back home so I can start baking cookies for my work's "fall festival" on Monday.

Sunday we plan to go to church, followed by errands.  We have to pick up some frames I ordered site-to-store at Walmart for the seven 5x5 cards FMIL gave us at our last shower.  (The cards are black and white and have inspirational quotes and blessings on them.  I love them!)  We are going to frame the seven cards and hang them on the wall above our loft staircase (which has 14 steps) in an ascending line.  Also on Sunday we have to go to the grocery store to not only buy groceries for the week, but also for my upcoming BM brunch (which we're having at my place) and snacks for our honeymoon roadtrip.

Phew!  I sound busy, lol.
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Happy Friday!

• edited December 2011
    ALSO!  I almost forgot to add that FI and I are going to get our marriage license today!  *happy dance*
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Holy cow, you are busy!

Question- How early can you get your license before the wedding? I haven't really looked into it yet since we still have so much time :)

I think we're going to lay low at home tonight- it's supposed to be super cold and we've still got a lot of snow melt so that means the roads will be icy, and I HATE driving on that stuff. We'll probably catch up on tv and eat roasted butternut mac & cheese.

Tomorrow we're going thrifting- I decided today that I'm going to make myself a facinator (I've searched and searched and searched and can't find what I want), so I want to try and turn up a vintage brooch to use with the feathers I've ordered. I'll also get the Halloween yard decorations back up (took them down because of the snow) and the FI is going to fix the stopper on the tub- exciting stuff.

No idea what's going to go down Sunday... If I had to guess, video games. The FI got a new one on Wednesday and has only spent about an hour playing it so far ;p 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_happy-friday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:0d3929e5-650e-44cf-b423-c74a383d3437Post:592b3c12-e1e1-42b4-971e-f52732dda7ad">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Question- How early can you get your license before the wedding?
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]
    That depends on the county where you're getting married.  In Mobile county, a license is valid for 30 days, and if you're an OOTer there's a 3 day waiting period.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards