Alabama
Options

Gulf shores trip!

I figured you ladies were the perfect ones to ask about this! Hubby and I are looking at taking a trip to Gulf Shores the first week of May, we were wondering if the weather is warm enough to enjoy the beach that time of year? And also what are must do things and must eat restaurants in the area? We are planning on taking the ferry to Dauphin Island one of the days, and obviously hanging out at the beach, going to the fishing pier, and heading over to Pensacola beach one of the days too since its so close, but I am wondering what else we should do while we are there other than just relaxing obviously!

Re: Gulf shores trip!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    May is PLENTY warm enough for the beach.  I have gone to Gulf Shores in March, so it'll be fine.  ;-)

As for places to eat, you pretty much HAVE to eat at LuLu's (click)!  You might also want to check out the FloraBama (click) as it will be on your way from Gulf Shores to Pensacola.  If you'll be on Highway 59, stop at Lambert's (click) but get there early or be prepared to stand in line outside!

And when you need to walk off all that Lambert's food, go shopping at the Tanger Outlet Center (click) which is literally only a few minutes away from the restaurant.

You should check the concert schedule at the Wharf (click) to see if there will be any concerts in the amphitheater while you're in town.  Not to mention the ferris wheel is epic, haha.  Plus, there's a laser tag place at the Wharf (click).  FI and I went there this past March and had fun like we were 8 again, haha.

HTH!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    JGreenfan2000JGreenfan2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the track is so much fun even for adults. De Soto's seafood kitchen is amazing. When you get there all the hotels have brochures of things to do and most of them have coupons on it. We went on a dolphin tour and it was not that good we wanted to get off the boat after 10 min it was a glass bottom boat but could not see anything. If you want to be adventitious there is parasailing 
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bridetobemobridetobemo member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks you ladies! I will definitely look into all the places you mentioned! You're the bomb!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bahama Bob's is good and reasonable and Live Bait, Lulus
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards