Alabama

The Peacock House in Dothan, AL

Just to make someone aware...I am getting married at the Peacock House in Dothan in about 2 weeks.My mom and I rode out there this past weekend to drop off the deposit while they were out of town and we walked around outside and saw 4ft Shepard's hooks going down the aisle, which is what I wanted. I called the ladies and asked if they belonged to the them, which they did. However, we are not allowed to use them. I was told that since we did not pay them to decorate, we can not use any of their things for my wedding. We just paid these people $1345. We rented the house for 2 days. And, we're not even allowed to use their Shepard's hooks...They have been unprofessional to deal with and (here is the main vent) we have to clean the venue ourselves the day before the wedding. As in, we have to go sweep the leaves off of the patio, get rid of the ant beds, and set everything up ourselves.It's a 4 room, 2 story house - nothing close to the Shorter Mansion. $1345...and I have to clean it myself.

Re: The Peacock House in Dothan, AL

• edited December 2011
    While it's fresh on my mind..I am pulling our contract tonight and reviewing it.Whenever we booked the place last year, the lady gave us a tour and told us that they were polishing the floors, ripping up stained carpet and working on the landscaping.Yeah, none of that happened.
  • WGachesWGaches member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ouch! I feel for you. I would make it clear to them that you will be posting vendor reviews in the area. It might make them more agreeable to deal with the next couple of weeks, and it sounds like it couldn't get any worse
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards