Alabama
Options

Mobile/Dauphin Island NYE 2010

I am trying to plan my wedding for New Years Eve 2010 (12-31-2010) in the Mobile/Dauphin Island area. Both of our families live there, but my fiance and I are outside Atlanta.I know we have plenty of time, but I don't want to come down to the wire with planning next year.I don't want to do a church wedding bc there are so many different religions in our 2 families, but I want something memorable, and preferably somewhere we can see the fireworks at midnight (planning on starting ceremony at 8:30/9 with reception immediately following in same location). Right now, the locations I am considering are the Dauphin Island Sea Lab and the Robertson Art Gallery downtown.If anyone has any thoughts on those locations or knows of anywhere else in the Mobile/Dauphin Island area, please let me know.Thanks!

Re: Mobile/Dauphin Island NYE 2010

• Options
    tendonheadtendonhead member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try the Battleship. You'd definitely be able to see fireworks and it is different. What type of venues are you thinking about?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are a few places I am in love with. In Mobile:Mobile Convention Center- You can come out on the balcony to see the fireworks. Cafe RoyalThe Temple On Dauphin Island: Isle of Dauphine Country ClubBaldwin County:Daphne Bayfront Park- I'm having my wedding and reception there. It's right on Mobile Bay. It's a bit rustic, but I love it.  If you are looking for that glam type venue of a hotel, this is not your place. As long as the night is clear you should be able to see Mobile's fireworks and you have a peer to stand on to look at them. Hope this helps. If I think of others I will post.
    Bethani Olivia-Diane 4lbs 7 oz 17 inches 4/19/2011
  • Options
    Becky922Becky922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I also live right outside Atlanta and am getting married in Mobile. We are getting married at the 5 Rivers Delta Center. http://www.outdooralabama.com/outdoor-adventures/5rivers/facilities/delta/You would definitely see fireworks from here, since you can see the downtown lights at night.Oh, I think it would be so perfect for winter, since there is a fireplace and it's mostly indoor!Good Luck and let me know if you need more info!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! The Delta Center sounds awesome and looks beautiful, but everyone has to be out by 11.  :(   I'm waiting for a response from the Convention Center. I have plenty of time, so I think when I go home for Christmas I may just drive around and see what pops out to me. Good luck, and let me know if you need any help with anything! It's so hard to find reliable people in the Atlanta area!
  • Options
    Becky922Becky922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, forgot about the 11:00 thing. You might want to contact them anyway and see if they could go later. Cindy is wedding coordinator there; let me know if you need her email address. The convention center sounds awesome though! All your guests could stay at the Riverview and walk over. I was interested in the Convention Center, but for some reason never contacted them... Good luck! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    prpldrgn1213prpldrgn1213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have talked to the ladies that coordinate at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab for my reception and they are fantastic! only drawback is that they have certain hours you are allowed to be there. nobody can get in until 6pm when they close and unless you want to spend extra you must be out at midnight which is when you want to see fireworks... if its worth the cost to you it is definitely a gorgeous place to get married... the base fee is $1500 for the night... you have to bring in your own caterer but it is very doable. :)P.S. who is your minister? I am looking for a good one to also have a dauphin island beach ceremony please e-mail for ideas Jeana.radke@gmail.com
  • Options
    tchunntchunn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out weddings to brag about, the courtyard manor on dauphin, magnolia manor, the carnival museum, Bellingraph gardens, the hermitage rippy home, Bragg mitchell mansion, and the ezell house. These are all in or around downtown Mobile.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hey,

I'am not sure where you are getting married but I wanted to tell you that Ashley Dupree Photography is great!! She is very artistic and has great ideas. I just wanted to share her blog with you http://expressionsbyashley.blogspot.com. She has a degree in photography and was so sweet to us. She will work with any budget and will design a package that is right for you.

Just wanted to share this tid bit !!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards