Alabama

GETTING MARRIED AUGUST 7, 2010 NEED SUGGESTIONS!!

Can anyone provide suggestions on a  reasonably priced photographer, videographer, and caterer in the Birmingham Metro area.  Thanks in advance

Re: GETTING MARRIED AUGUST 7, 2010 NEED SUGGESTIONS!!

• edited December 2011
    Photography Shoppe, Caterer - Bernie's on Main St.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure of the prices but I do know a really good photographer in the Birmingham area.  Her website is rlrphotoraphy.blogspot.com if you want to look at her work.  I'm considering her for my engagement and wedding photos.  Hope that helps.  Good luck with your wedding!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We're not married yet, so I can't attest to the services (although I feel very comfortable with everyone we've chosen) but we're using: photos: Once in Every Life Photography (Kim and Adam Balog) - very willing to work within a budget, just tell her what you're willing to spend and she'll customize something. video: Johnny Rocket Video (John Rockett) - variety of packages at very reasonable prices, also lets you pay half upfront and the other half after he edits and delivers the dvds.caterer: Catering2U (Tim Wright) - can work up any menu based on what you're looking for and what you want to spend per person, ours is a great deal - roughly $23/person (including taxes and fees) and we're getting plenty of food!  
  • MadeOfAwesomeMadeOfAwesome member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not in the Birmingham area, but for videographer, check out Claus Martel.  He does a LOT of weddings in Birmingham and his prices are great!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer: Claire Drummond Photography (google her) I'm using a caterer who does this job on the side and does not want me to give out any info on her but that's a great way to go if you can find someone who knows someone etc... I had good experiences working with the catering people at the Carraway Davie House before I found my caterer. They are a little expensive but definitely on top of everything. I also looked into Kairos Katering which was cheaper, but I've never eaten any of their food. For Flowers I am using Borrowed Blossoms in Homewood. www.borrowedblossoms.net the guys name is Ricky Whitley and he's great to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    Second Claus Martel for videographer--He did an EXCELLENT job at my wedding, and he does not charge to travel (I believe he actually live in North Alabama somewhere). You have to book him early though--his prices are so great he books up about a year ahead of time. I adored my photographer too, Robby Followell, and he was really well priced, but he is based in Mississippi so I did have to pay him to come. www.followellfotography.com
  • MadeOfAwesomeMadeOfAwesome member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Claus Martel DOES live in North AL.  He's doing my wedding in May in Huntsville, but he told me that the majority of the weddings he shoots are in Birmingham.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Alisa Lynn.  Her web address is www.alisalynn.com. Our experience so far has been outstanding.  She took pictures at our cousins wedding and that's how we found out about her.  We loved their pictures and she was so helpful answering our questions and working with us on our budget.  Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey there,
    I am a makeup artist in the Birmingham area and I do on location makeup. I worked for MAC cosmetics for over 5 years and have a lot of experience with wedding makeup. I also do airbrush makeup. You can check me out on my website below and under "Rawwbeauty" on Facebook. Please let me know if you are intersted.

Thanks so much,
    Jackie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards