Alabama

Gulf Shores Beach Wedding

My fiancé and I are planning to get married in April 2012 at Gulf Shores beach, but I'm running into some complications.

1) I'm trying to have a simply wedding on the beach to save money. Yet all the companies costs almost $800 just simple sand services.

2) are there any good wedding planners around that are not so expensive?

3) we are expecting around 20 guest, leaving about 40 for the reception adding the bridal party. I know to expect most of the cost to involve the reception but surely there is a way for us to save and prevent from spending so much money.

Any ideas, please provide any advice as it will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Gulf Shores Beach Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Gulf Shores weddings are expensive.  Mostly because you have so much competition, i.e. if you don't want to pay $800 (which is WAY cheaper than a traditional venue, by the way) then there are 5 brides in line behind you with checkbooks ready.

You might want to check out Fairhope Municipal Park and Pier.  It is a charming little place in a charming small town with a beautiful pier and a small beach on Mobile Bay.  (Click Here)  You should contact the Parks and Recreation department in Fairhope for rental fees, but I know you can rent the pavillion and such at the pier/beach.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    OR you can just look into the beach club for a wedding, they turn out beautiful there. Another option is to have it off the long boardwalk right past the big bridge in Orange Beach. Not alot of tourism, so the beach is much prettier. I would suggest though renting a beach house for a weekend and having it right off the back deck of the house, and have the reception in the house. Works everytime.
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Gulf Shores Wedding Chapel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards