Alabama

Recommendation for site in Montgomery

Hey all! I just thought I'd throw this out there - I just co-hosted a bridal shower at Hillcrest Manor in Montgomery, and it is a WONDERFUL venue. The owner is so nice to work with, and she made everything look so beautiful. If I hadn't already booked another location for my wedding, I'd have to think about having it there! So I just wanted to throw this out there for the brides like I was two months ago with no clue as to where to have a wedding in this area!

Re: Recommendation for site in Montgomery

• edited February 2012
    I had a very different experience than you with this place.The initial document she sends you hails the place as a "nearly all inclusive" venue for a Site fee of 3300.But just know there's several more required fees than it first appears. She stated in an email that an average wedding at hillcrest runs, on average, 7000. I proceeded with my 500 deposit, confident that if an average was 7000, I'd be able to pull off a nice wedding event for a little less than that. But there is no way a wedding can even be done for 7000, once you figure in all the additional hidden fees. (pest control & putting water in her empty goldfish pond are part of the mandatory $1600 decoration package. 18% service fee on top of the cost of buffet style hor deurves. etc.) Just be aware going into it that it's not as all-inclusive as first appears to be, and definitely not as cost effective.  
    It is a pretty place and she is a nice person, who knows how to put on a nice wedding for you. But it's definitely a place for someone with a big budget and not the cost conscious brides like me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards