Ohio-Columbus
Options

Thoughts on Team DJ?

Anyone researched/met with Team DJ?  They seem more affordable than Buckeye Sounds.  

Apologies if there is already a review...the search function on this board leaves much to desire...

Re: Thoughts on Team DJ?

• Options
    We met with team DJ at a bridal show and we were not happy with them at all. They had like a cocky attitude and did not give us any information. So we took them off our list after that! our friend had a wedding with monte from team dj and he was amazing!!! he was so into everything he was dancing and jamming out to the music! it was great!

We went with buckeye entertainment he is really cheap but he does so many weddings and i have not seen a bad review yet! 
  • Options
    Wow.  We just got married at the Westin and we used Matt from Buckeye Sounds!

Let me just sidetrack a minute to say you will LOVE the Westin.  Its just so great!  The food was really good, the service impeccable and friendly.  We had a large hotel block there and the guests really enjoyed the rooms - they're all different in sizes and layouts.  We had a huge corrner room which wsa really nice too - they probably give all the wedding couples those rooms.  And of course the ballroom is by far the most beautiful in Columbus IMHO.

NOw to answer your question about the DJ.  We went with Buckeye Sounds in large part because of the number of Columbus Knotties that had given them good reviews.  So then we met with them at their office and liked how they were not pushy or cheesy at all.  We really liked the owner who was avaiable for our date, but while meeting with us he suggested one of his other DJs.  We were looking for more of a high end night club feel for the dancing part of the reception.  So after meeting with them, we booked them.

I don't know what your vision of the reception is,we wanted something classy and elegant early on, and then a really fun dance floor.  We got just what we wanted and more!  The dance floor was packed the entire night and Matt did a great job of mixing the music! 

I don't remember what the other DJs charge, heck I don't remember what we paid for Buckeye Sounds right now LOL.  But I would have paid double (OK maybe not double LOL) because it made my reception what it was. 

I hope this helps you!
  • Options

Have you checked out Matt Ryan?  He is amazing and really reasonable.  I have seen him at many receptions around Columbus. 

• Options
    We used Team DJ for our wedding last month. Todd was our DJ, he was great, everyone had a great time, he did a great job when we were announced, it was really fun!
  • Options
    Thanks, guys!  Actually I met Buckeye Entertainment...so many vendors with "buckeye" in the name.

So Buckeye Entertainment vs. TEAM DJ..thanks for mentioning which DJ you had too!
  • Options
    We had Rob from Team DJ and he did a fantastic job!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just got married and we had John from Team DJ. He was ok, but we weren't wowed. Team DJ was great to work with as a company though.
  • Options
    We went with Buckeye Entertainment. Byron really knows what he is doing and he recently switched to an online planning website. It's so awesome and convenient. Not to mention his prices. He also has a photo booth that he will give at a discounted price if you rent with his DJ services. Wedding is Saturday and we're totally loking forward to it because he has made it so easy on planning.
  • Options

I have worked with Todd at Team DJ and he does a great job.  He knows how to keep the party going.  Jean_activetravel@msn,.com

• Options
    We had Mike McSweeny with Team DJ and I wouldn't recommend him.  I have heard positive comments on a few of their DJs though so make sure they tell you who they are getting first.  I had an issue where I requested someone specific, they replied by sayng they were available and I signed the contract.  Well then about 2 months before the wedding I found out that he was actually booked and I would have a DJ selected randomly 1 month before the wedding.  Too late for me to change at that point so I was stuck.  Our DJ had an attitude, spent less than 20 minutes meeting with us and acted in a rush, then played the wrong entrance song, played songs from the do not play list, played typical wedding music and nothing current the whole time, and made no attempts to encourage people on the dance floor.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards