Alabama
Options

Beach wedding Cheaper?

This is my first wedding,and I want a traditional wedding.And me and my fiance are paying for it ourselves.The church we first wanted to get married in they wanted $2000.00,that is a little to much for our budget. Would a beach wedding be cheaper just to get married there?

Re: Beach wedding Cheaper?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Probably.  Unless you live around the beach, it will probably trim your guest list down a ton.  I have a co-worker who got married on the beach and paid a total of $5,000 for their entire wedding.  And they had a nice sit down dinner for their reception, but it was because they had an extremely small guest list. GL!
  • Options
    roses4uroses4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $2000 is A LOT for a church. i think the beach is a GREAT idea. :D (of course i LOVE the beach) if you give me a range on where you are trying to stay geographically...i'd love to see if i can find you something. i'm planning my wedding long distance and have gotten pretty good at finding deals.   :D 

best wishes.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding on the beach as well. Not too sure which beach(town) yet. The guys in our wedding aren't wearing tuxedos. They are wearing hawaiin shirts with kaiki shorts or blue jean shorts, only because it will be hot and very humid outside. The ladies are wearing short cocktail dresses.

I heard that some beach towns won't charge for a wedding but you need to contact the mayor or the city officals in the town. Which I'm going to do that myself. I'll post something about that as possible - as soon as I find out...

Best Wishes to you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards