Alabama
Options

Did you...

Did you go dress "shopping" just to see what worked before you actually intended to buy? I have an appointment at Diane's in Jasper tomorrow. I'm kind of worried I'm going to hate the way everything looks on me.

Did you ever have just an awful shopping experience or were they all pleasant?
Next to being married, a girl likes being crossed now and then. - Jane Austen

Re: Did you...

• Options
    hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to David's Bridal on a whim, without an appointment, while I was out with my two of my bridesmaids. We did just go and see what they had that I liked, and while it wasn't awful, it was weird because I wasn't prepared to see myself in a wedding dress. I didn't have any intentions to buy there, but it was fun to try. Of course, now I regret it because the sales girl took all my information and I've been getting signed up for spam mail ever since.

Don't worry, you'll have fun :)

By the way, I like the Jane Austen quote in your sig. ;) Pride and Prejudice, right?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with my mom on an appointment to David's Bridal.  I tried on like 5 dresses and ended up buying, lol.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    Heather8505Heather8505 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a dress shop with one of my friends while she was in town for the weekend. I didn't have an appt and wasnt planning on picking out a dress; she just wanted to do something "weddingy".  I ended up LOVING a dress there and went back with several other people the next wknd and got it.
    me and my two men image
  • Options
    lexa10lexa10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually saw the dress I ended up buying in the window of Modern Brides. I was leaving work (Parkway Place Mall) and saw it as I drove by. I immediately turned around and went in and asked them to take it on the mannequin. I tried it on, fell in love, ad called my mom to tell her to come look at my dress. 3 weeks later, me, MOB, MOG, and the BM had an appointment where I tried the dress on for them. It's a good thing they all loved it because my mom had went and payed for the dress already lol!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had many dress shopping experiences with my mom.  Overall it is a great experience and exciting to try on wedding dresses.
    My Tip:
    -Beware of sales reps and store owners who may threaten one day deals, style discontinuation, and other pushes to get you to buy before thinking - I really found it helpful to take pictures (if you are allowed) - and look at them the next day with a fresh set of eyes - Do not let anyone pressure your decision
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards