Alabama

Ceremony & reception site in Montgomery/Prattville/Wetumpka area

Hey ladies!

I am in the beginning stages of my wedding planning (just got engaged a week ago) and am starting to search for venues. I'm planning a small (40 person) wedding for April 2012 and was hoping to find a place that will do both the ceremony & reception. I'm pretty much open to all ideas right now.

I have seen pictures of weddings that were held at Jasmine Hill Gardens and really loved them. If anyone has any information on Jasmine HIll I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony & reception site in Montgomery/Prattville/Wetumpka area

• edited December 2011

Hi nice to have you.

Jasmine Hill Gardens is a very nice place, but they can be very expensive and are very strict.  You have to use there vendors.  If a budget isn't really a problem for you Jasmine Hill Gardens is very nice.

You might want to try checking on The Elms (millbrook), Buna Vista (prattville), and Rocky Mount (prattville).

Happy Planning!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got married at the Wetumpka Civic Center and loved it. Very nice place an reasonable. Check them out.

you can see some of the pictures of the background on my website
    www.theknot.com/ourwedding/amycallins&michaelrogers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • stahlkcstahlkc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips! Sadly, I am on a small budget. I also requested info from Hillcrest and the owner sounded very accomodating. She said that because my wedding is <50 guets that we could customize a package for much less than the basic package they offer for 100 guests. I don't mind having to use a venue's venders as long as the price is reasonable. Have either of you had any experience with Hillcrest or know anyone who has?

Thanks again for your help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jasmine Hill is expensive and they are very strict. If you don't mind traveling a little bit, you should check out Ozan Winery in Calera. It is very pretty and has a romantic feel and they are very reasonably priced.

http://ozanwine.com/
  • shstephensonshstephenson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on getting married at the White Water Ridge club house in Wetumpka. Several of my friends got married there and it is gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    shstephenson you have a PM.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • stahlkcstahlkc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to thank you all for your help and suggestions. I just signed the contract with Buena Vista this week and I'm SO excited!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm really glad you were able to find a venue!  That's a huge check!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards