Alabama

RSVP?

Every wedding that I have ever been to and my family has ever been to has never had RSVP and all the "extra stuff" like the get together engagement parties etc. Because you ladies have (i am guessing) grown up in the south have you been to weddings with "extra stuff" and are you going to be doing "extra stuff" like engagement parties and reception like setting arangments things like that
Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVP?

• edited December 2011
    I never went to a wedding with all that stuff, but I did have some of it.  I did send out RSVP cards, but I NEVER got back around 65 out of almost 200 of them.  So that didn't seem to work out well.  I decided not to do assigned seating, but I did plan on having dinner at a certain time (but people started eating off the buffet before they were supposed to).  I also hired a DJ for dancing that was supposed to last until 8:30 or 9:00, but most of the guests were gone by 6:30.  So all in all, the "extra stuff" didn't go over too well.

As for an engagement party, that is something thrown for you by a friend or family member, and only if they offer it.  Those are usually about 6 months to a year before the wedding, preferably right after the actual engagement happens.  Since no one offered to throw us one, we didn't have it.  And we didn't miss it, haha.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    If it weren't for budgets, yes, I'd do everything formally the way it is to be done. I agree with Session...I am not sending RSVPs because I see it as a waste of money. We didn't do an engagement party. I am not telling my guests where to sit. We are having a groom's cake which is southern tradition. I am having a few showers, thrown by family, BMs and sorority sisters. We may also have a couples BBQ shower thrown on his side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards