Alabama

Tuscaloosa/Northport Reception Sites

My fiance and I are planning our wedding in Tuscaloosa, but we haven't found a reception site that we've really fallen in love with. I was wondering where some of you have visited and the impressions that you got. We've found a site we like in Birmingham, but I figure that's too far to expect people to travel (unfortunately). Thanks for the help!

Re: Tuscaloosa/Northport Reception Sites

• leftie01leftie01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is March 6th and we are doing the ceremony and reception at the Cypress Inn.  We eat there atleast once a week so it just seemed like the right place for us.  It's a great place for pics and they have amazing food.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the North River Yacht Club?  Beautiful place!  
  • jessicaj.614jessicaj.614 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both so much for your suggestions. I'll have to look into both of those. 
    Congratulations leftie your wedding is only a month away! MsJohnyD Do you know if you have to be a member of the North River Yacht Club to use it?
    Again thank you both so much!
  • DanieV2010DanieV2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a senior at UA, and I saw a beautiful wedding reception not long ago at the Alabama Museum of Natural History (AKA Smith Hall) on campus. They cover up all the displays that you don't want and you're left with a beautiful room with great staircases for pictures! http://tour.ua.edu/tourstops/smith.html has pictures and http://www.ua.edu/academic/museums/history/wordpress/?page_id=131 has a rental form and additional info.

I hope you find a great place for your reception!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried the Capstone Hotel or maybe the University Club house?
  • edited December 2011
    there are ALOT of places around tuscaloosa & northport to have your reception! Which church is the ceremony at? How many guests do you plan on having?

There's Brown's Corner, Maxwell-peters house, Capitol Park, Smith Hall, Jemison Mansion, Battle-Friedman Home, Chuck's Fish, Hotel Capstone, The Bama Belle.....I'm sure there's more I'm leaving out here......

my email is amanda@alsweddings.com
    feel free to contact me I've been to most of these places
    :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at the L&N Station on greensboro avenue. It's gorgeous and has an outdoor patio for a cocktail hour. 
  • edited December 2011
    Southern House & Garden
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married (and having the reception) at North River Yacht Club. I think you can still use the facility if you aren't a member. They're super nice there, and the wedding coordinator handles a lot of the stuff. You hardly need any decorations because the place is so beautiful! 

My cousin is getting married at the Moundville Indian Mounds (I so know that isn't the official name, but I've never been there...) but it sounds really cool and different. That isn't too far from Tuscaloosa, so you may want to consider that, too.

A lot of people get married at the Jemison Mansion. I think that would be pretty as well. I'm getting married in December, and that place works best if you can use the outside as well, so it isn't for us, but you may want to look there. 

Oh, and about Smith Hall--my fiance's prom was there, and it was really pretty. I would definitely consider that, too! Hope some of this helps! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards