Alabama

Should We Hire a Day-of Wedding Coordinator?

Hi All:

I've given some thought lately to hiring a day-of Wedding Coordinator. I was thinking it would be better to have someone handle all of the "day of" or "day before" issues, so that we can relax, and not have to appoint a friend or family member to do "chores" during the ceremony and/or reception.

Has anyone else decided to hire a Wedding Coordinator? What influenced your decision? What should I look for (or beware of) when looking for a Wedding Coordinator? Thanks in advance for any information you can share!
Anniversary

Re: Should We Hire a Day-of Wedding Coordinator?

• edited December 2011
    I'm having the same dilemma as you. I've spoken with a close girlfriend who is very interested in helping by being the day of coordinator for me, but I hesitate to lean on her in that way. I've considered hiring a day-of coordinator, but I'm not sure about what a reasonable expense is for this. My dad is paying for it, but I am not entirely positive if I can justify the expense... I'm not sure. There are so many people interested in helping that I can't figure out if I should just pay someone to do it and not depend on favors, or if I should delegate different responsibilities to different helpers. On one hand, if you pay someone, you don't have multiple people trying to do stuff and potentially conflicting with each other. On the other hand, if you have a good group and you're very clear about what they're helping with, a small group of helpers can easily handle everything on the day of. So, I'm still undecided.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm paying $500 for mine. i was really unsure about getting one too, but i'm kind of glad i did. i know that i'm going to have so much going on, and i don't want to have to think about details and figure out who's doing what and when. i'm really glad she will be there to keep everything under control. i am also having a bunch of friends help with little things, and she'll be able to help deligate who should do what.  i think it will be worth it, but i'm also not the most organized person...
  • edited December 2011
    I got one and it was worth EVERY penny.  She took care of EVERYTHING.  Imagine all your vendors having questions and everyone in your wedding party having questions.  It could have gotten overwhelming.  Also, a DOC usually directs the rehearsal as well.  So it's nice to have someone to take charge of that.

IMO the best thing to do is check out DOC by word of month.  The bigger wedding planners and companies are going to charge a ton for this...I was even quoted $1200 which is ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards