Alabama

Vendor Reviews

I got married in October at American Village.  I wanted to share my thoughts on my vendors in hopes that it may help out another bride!

Venue:
American Village - Montevallo, AL  A++
My venue was amazing!  We married in the chapel and had our reception in the ballroom.  It's a beautiful location and the staff there is just amazing.  All of our family and wedding party were commenting on how great the staff treated us. 

Caterer:
D'Armond Catering  A
Danny did a fabulous job with our food.  He was very reasonably priced and our food was delicious.  His presentation was also great.  He is not the most professional to work with beforehand, but he really turned it out for the wedding...which is most important.

Florist:  C
I used my sister-in-law as my florist.  She did not do what I ask, and was difficult to work wtih.  I recommend not using family as vendors.

DJ:
Wayne Ingram  B+
Wayne was very nice to work with.  His prices were extremely reasonable and he was very nice.  I was not impressed with his lighting so we didn't use it.  He also did my ceremony music and did a great job. 

Coordinator A+
Becky was excellent to work with.  She was always on time, nice and pointed out things we would have never thought of.  She was also a ton cheaper than most of the other people I talked to.  She was the main reason I didn't have any stress and she was worth every penny.

Cake: A
Dana Beasley did my cake.  She does this purely by word of mouth.  My cake was beautiful and delicious.  And she was a TON cheaper than everyone else.

Gobo Light:
TLS Inc in Huntsville F
The bulb was blown and then it was miswired.  If we wouldn't have had an electrician for a groomsmen it never would have worked.  Also, it was so huge on the dancefloor no one could ever tell what it was.  A total waste.

Vintage Car:
Vintage Auto Chauffeur  F
They went to the wrong venue!!  They never showed up.  I called and he offered a full refund, but made me drive to his side to pick up my refund.

Invitations:
Alan's Invitations B+
I LOVED my invitations and they were great to work with.  The only reason I didn't give them an A+ because they were very expensive.  Even with a coupon I had from the bridal show.

Calligraphy: A++
I used a lady name Ann who actually works at a pharmacy, but just does it on the side.  She is amazing and VERY VERY reasonably priced.  She does them by hand and was worth every penny.

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    I'm looking for venues and was curious about American Village. Do you have some pics you could post? Does it looked era themed?
    Next to being married, a girl likes being crossed now and then. - Jane Austen
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't gotten our pro pics back yet. Unfortantely.  However, I can kind of tell you what it looks like.  The chapel is a designed after a 100 year old church in Virginia with a pulpit flown in from England, hardwood floors, and chandelier.  We had our reception in the ballroom which is designed after the ballroom in the White House.  It has hardwood floors, 3 chandelier and 2 fireplaces.  Above all I just can't say enough about the staff.  You should definitely check it out!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey this was helpful! I've emailed your baker :)
  • edited December 2011
    Great!!  So glad I could help!!  Hope that works out for you!
  • hmi0114hmi0114 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for sharing!!  Your venue sounds amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards