Alabama

Gulf Shores wedding-Out of state planning

My fiance and I live in Ohio but are planning an April 2011 wedding in the Gulf Shores. I've never been there and am currently driving myself crazy with planning over the phone. I NEED direction. I have no clue who to call for services such as rental, dj, catering, or photography. I keep doing google searches but then have to use google maps to see if they are even close to the area we are getting married. Could anyone please offer any suggestions? Thanks 

Re: Gulf Shores wedding-Out of state planning

• edited December 2011

I just currently almost finished my planning in gulfshores for my wedding in august
    are you planning a beach wedding is the first question and how many quest are you expecting

• DanielleB80DanielleB80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • LynseykayLynseykay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually from Alabama and living in PA so I feel ya. I am planning a wedding in Mobile. I know a lot of vendors will travel and work with you with your location. Tyners catering travels they have descent food and a descent price. I am using Namans which is a lil more expensive but I am willing to pay for the experience. They travel to Gulf Shores as well. I have not found my photographer or Dj or florist yet but many will work with you. If you need any other advice let me know
  • TabathaBiggsTabathaBiggs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the great advice. I'll be sure to check out the vendors you suggested. Yes, we are having a beach wedding. We have reserved the Beach Pavillion at the Gulf Shore State Park. Has anyone had any experience with this location? We are looking at about 50 guests.

• edited December 2011
    I am planning a Gulf Shores wedding in April 2011 also and we live in KY so I totally understand how you're feeling. I have looked up photogs on craigslist....a lot of people post on there. If you have any questions about the company just email or call....I have found a ton of people travel. I also recently took a trip down there in march which helped my nerves a lot! I guess it also helps that we've been there many times! If you have any questions feel free to ask and i may be able to help you out. Good Luck!
  • roses4uroses4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married down along the coast and people do travel. I just booked my photographer (LOVE HER!!!!) www.jenniferbischof.com. It all comes down to setting your budget and then finding someone that is willing to work with it (at least for me). Plus you have to decide where to splurge. :) Hope all of your wedding planning is going well and I'm sure you all are as excited as I am.

HAPPY WEDDING PLANNING!!!
  • roses4uroses4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married down along the coast and people do travel. I just booked my photographer (LOVE HER!!!!) www.jenniferbischof.com. It all comes down to setting your budget and then finding someone that is willing to work with it (at least for me). Plus you have to decide where to splurge. :) Hope all of your wedding planning is going well and I'm sure you all are as excited as I am.

HAPPY WEDDING PLANNING!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I need some direction as well if you don't mind. We are having an outside beach wedding. Not sure who to use for the Officant and hotels for family.

Can you help me out, by chance?
  • edited December 2011
    Meyerre.com....or google meyer reality. They have a bunch of condos and house rentals at great prices. If you're having a bunch of people come in from out of town ask to see if they'll give you a discount. That's who we've dealt with everytime we're down there and they're great!
  • mrs-smith2bmrs-smith2b member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married next month in Orange  Beach (close to gulf shores).  I would check out my wedding planner.  She could be of some help, and she has done an amazing job thus far.  Good luck!!  www.orangebeachweddings.com
    Jackson Allen ? 10.1.11 ?
    {Raising Jack}
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • amylo84amylo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not to rain on your parade, but lots of beaches are closed due to the oil and there is no end in sight :(  beautiful pictures with all the workers in protective gear and gas masks walking down oil covered beaches.  and the horrible smell.  beaches are covered from louisiana to panama city.  even if the leak was stopped in the near future it would take a really long time to clean everything up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    amy, I don't know where you are getting your info, but it's not that bad.
    for every picture of oil-stained beach, there is another of a clean oil-free beach close by. It's very hit-or-miss and no one can predict what it will be like next week or next month.  I would not advise anyone to cancel their beach wedding plans.
  • kimberlylhnkimberlylhn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The oil is here but it has not destroyed the look of our beautiful beaches.  Yes it is washing up and probably not a good idea to swim but they are doing a wonderful job at keeping it cleaned up.  I was very nervous about it as I am getting married Aug. 7th in Orange Beach.  Constantly riding down to check( I only live ten min. away) and the clean up crews are doing their job regardless of what our wonderful media is broadcasting.  As for the smell....... still smells like salt air to me!
  • kimberlylhnkimberlylhn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh one other thing, I haven't found any of our beaches to be closed.
  • edited December 2011
    I was just at the beach in gulf shores and A LOT of people swimming in the ocean. So therefore, no beach closings there...
     We are also having our wedding on the beach...
  • edited December 2011
    Outstanding caterer: Chef Rob - 251-382-7497, www.chefrobco.com
    Chocolate fountains: 205-908-7601 www.fountainsforalloccasions.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards