Alabama

Wedding dress arrival is almost 2 months late!

I ordered my dress in April, and at that point, the boutique told me that it should be in in July. I called July 5th, just to see if we were still on target for that month and they said yes, it looks as if it should ship on the 13th, and be here sometime between the 18-21st. I did not receive a call between those days, so I called the next week. They said they were misinformed and that it actually shipped on the 18th. So I waited....until August 2nd. I called again, and they said it should definitely be there on August 9th. It still has not shown up. I have gone up there personally to basically get my point across and the manager still hasn't called me back. My wedding is not until December, but I have bridal pictures that are going to be taken the first week of October and the dress will need altering. Has this happened to any of you guys? What can I do? I'm just worried that it won't come in at all, since nothing has been straightforward. Thanks.

Re: Wedding dress arrival is almost 2 months late!

• edited December 2011
    Where are you ordering it from?  This did not happen to me but I do believe it happened to a few friends.
    Anniversary
  • hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That majorly sucks! I'm not sure what exactly you can do, short of a legal route, but I would start looking for a replacement dress just in case. Or just keep going up to the store and make a fuss - that's really ridiculous of them and just unacceptable behavior IMO.
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011

This might seem a little major, but if I were you I'd go up there and threaten a law suit....You may not actually get that far, but that may get them in gear! I'm assuming you already paid for the dress, right? As long as you paid for the dress that's what I'd do. If not....I would definitely go elsewhere!! Hope everything works out for you!!!

• lealee05lealee05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, not even 2 days later, I went up there and they promised me a FULL refund if it wasn't here 3 days from then. It came in 1 day after the refund day, so I've got my dress and I'm getting that refund! No legal issues for me. I just hope they follow through with the refund. Thanks for the advice.
  • hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good, I'm glad it worked out for you.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards