Alabama
Options

My baker is closing due to economy- need suggestions!

Im getting married in the Gulf Shores/Foley Area. I had booked my cake with a restaurant, but they are closing their bakery due to the economy. Can anyone suggest a cake baker in the Foley/GS/or even Mobile area? Thanks!
White Kids Love Hip Hop.

Re: My baker is closing due to economy- need suggestions!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes, I know TONS in Mobile.  One of the most well-known in Mobile is Cakes by Judi (http://www.cakesbyjudi.com), but Miss Judi books FAST, so you'd need to contact her ASAP.  She has been doing wedding cakes since our parents got married, lol.  Another good one is Buttercream Dreams (http://www.buttercreamdreamsmobile.com). Their cakes taste amazing!  They have legendary buttercream icing, hence the name.

A good one in Fairhope is Heavenly Creations (http://www.fairhopebakery.com). They also have amazing tasting stuff, and they are apparently quite popular in Fairhope.  Bonus, if you go check them out in person, you get to hang out in Downtown Fairhope!

There are a lot more on Google, but those are the three that I really have personal experience with.  Good luck!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    Thea519Thea519 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also Couture Cakes in Daphne (251-626-9895). I've heard really good things about them. And Pollman's in Mobile (251-438-1511). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Meh, I've heard bad things about Pollmans' wedding cakes.  I actually had a friend BEG me not to use them when I was looking for a baker.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    Thea519Thea519 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually bake wedding cakes out of my home as a side job and I've had Pollman's numerous times at weddings- I've never been disappointed. Also, I used to work downtown, so I went in there quite often for work purposes and they were always extremely friendly and helpful. 

I guess, if you're interested, the best thing to do would be to schedule a tasting. That way, you can form your own opinion :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, definitely taste for yourself and don't just take my word for it!  :D
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    lizznjohnlizznjohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help- I would love to schedule a tasting, but live in AL and cannot travel to AL until the wedding time, since I have once already.
    White Kids Love Hip Hop.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards