Alabama

Anyone in the Cullman or Birmingham Area?

Has anyone here used the wedding venue Stone Bridge Farms in Cullman, AL or Mathews Manor in Trussville, AL? I am doing my research, and I am torn between these two sites. I live in Cullman, so traveling an hour away for my wedding is probably not the best idea, but the new site at Mathews Manor is absolutely beautiful.
So I am wondering if anyone can give me reviews on either of these venues. Any help I could get would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance.

-Sarah
Wedding Countdown Ticker I work, I play with my daughter, I clean my house. I watch Doctor Who, Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, and Phineas and Ferb. I read Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and the Inheritance trilogy. I keep up with the news about Pixar, Disney, and anything new on my favorite shows. On July 24th, 2012, the love of my life asked me to be his wife. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. :)

Re: Anyone in the Cullman or Birmingham Area?

• JGreenfan2000JGreenfan2000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in cullman, I am having the ceromany at depot park and then the reception at the civic center (you will not be able to even tell its the civic center) We looked into stone bridge farms but i hated that you have to use there food etc. and they were trying to get us to have things we didnt want (flowers, real china etc) and talk us out of having a dj and just use an ipod (its just something we didnt want to do) overall I didnt like how pushey they were. I dont know about matthew manor never looked into them. Hope that helps
    Almost Mrs. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have not personally used Stone Bridge Farms, but I have a friend who does floristry and wedding decorating, and he has done a couple of weddings out there. He says it is beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    we live and hour and a half from where we are having our wedding and i will be honest and say that i really wish it was closer. trying to set up appts on days that i am off and my fiance are difficult. it would be so much nicer to just able to set up an appt late afternoon, get off early, and drop by.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • dannette926dannette926 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at Stone Bridge in October and looked at Matthews Manor. Both of them all all inclusive so almost everything has to be done through them. I personally love Stone Bridge, as it is exactly what I was looking for. Also, Ron and Melanie are so sweet. I was not very impressed with the owner of Matthews Manor. I have spoke with other people who have used her. The word Nazi came up as an adjustive, because she is really strict. However, she has been in the wedding business for a long time and knows what works and what doesn't; it can just come across wrong. As for the total cost, Stone Bridge is actually cheaper and gives you more options. At Matthews Manor, the food is limited, whereas at Stone Bridge you can pretty much pick whatever, but they do a meal and not finger foods. We are having 3 meats, 4 sides, salad, and bread for $16.50. You are not going to beat that anywhere, and the food is AMAZING! Matthews Manor makes you use their cake people, but Stone Bridge does not. Stone Bridge also offers more ceremony sites- lawn, chapel, deck, pavilion, compared to the one site at Matthews Manor that only allows you to decide lawn or pool side. Personally, it's up to the feel you want. Stone Bridge is rustic with a more formal feel- like JGreen said you have to use china, ect., and Matthews Manor is a more casual feel. I hope that helps. Let me know if I can share more.
    **October 8, 2011**
  • smatkinssmatkins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Stone Bridge in September. I love Ron and Melanie and the whole Foust family! Everyone is so sweet and helpful. We are dong h'orderves instead of full meal and they had great suggestions on what to serve and their specialties. I'm honestly relieved at them doing the food and decorating, one less contract and vendor I have to keep up with. To me personally they weren't pushy at all, they never told me I couldn't do something or had to do something. They just want to make sure your special day is perfect and completely what you're looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards