Alabama

Mobile Wedding Planning

Just engaged and starting to plan the wedding back in my hometown of Mobile. Really want to have the reception either at the Bragg-Mitchell or Grand Hotel out in Point Clear. Also would love any advice on caters, photographers,limo rental, and the works. Just starting out planning with a year to go so please any seasoned Mobile brides help me out!

-Thanks Meghan

Re: Mobile Wedding Planning

• edited December 2011
    For a photographer, I am using Belinda McKinnel of Creative Photography and her assistant.  I am getting a whole package deal that includes bridal portraits and all, but she has many different packages to choose from.  There are a ton of photographers in Mobile and I have heard good things about all of them, so you'll just have to chat with them yourself and it's pretty much gonna come down to budget, because everyone does a good job down here.

For my DJ service I'm using Southern Sounds, and the reasons I like them so much are (1) they're a clean DJ - no cursing or dirty music, (2) they package in lighting and DOC services, (3) they communicate well - no leaving you hanging like some vendors.  Again though, there are a lot of good DJ services out there and you'll just have to basically interview them to see which one you like that fits your budget.

My florist/caterer is my FMIL who runs a business that does that stuff, but I can't really talk about it here because that would be advertising for her.  You can PM me if you want her info, though.

Hope that gets you started!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards