Alabama
Options

Huntsville venues

Hi Ladies,
I was wondering if any of you could give some feedback on your experience with venues around Huntsville, specifically, Anabella at Cedar Glen, Lowry House or Early Works?  I am trying to narrow down the venues so I can get the wedding planned!  Any input appreciated!

Re: Huntsville venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding at Anabella. It was pretty. They have several locations to choose from for your ceremony. The house was big enough for the 100 ish guest list that was included in the one I saw. When is the wedding date? Inside or outdoors?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you expecting?
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm embarrassed to say how little planning we've done!  We are hoping to get married in the spring (17 March, I hope!).  I am thinking 100-150 people with an outdoor ceremony/indoor reception depending on weather.  

The venue rental at Annabella is more expensive than some other places.  I'm wondering if it is worth it to not have to rent tables, chairs, linens, etc. 

What is your experience?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Renting tables and chairs is a huge expense!  Just to give you an idea:

You will need approximately 10-15 guest tables for approximately $10 each
    Probably around 6 tables for food, cakes, etc at about $10 each
    The basic white wedding chairs are usually around $3 each
    Add in linens which usually START at about $10 each.

Add all that up, THEN add delivery, setup, and pickup.  Many brides think they are getting a great deal on a venue because it's cheaper but doesn't include tables, chairs, and linens.  Sometimes it is a better deal.  A lot of times in the long run it's just as expensive if not more so when you add in rentals.   Just something to think about.  :)  You are definitely right to consider all of that!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't forgo tables, and definitely not chairs! I have heard there is a farm around Meridianville that is now renting out a location for weddings. You may want to check into that. It's the Tates. Right now they have a pumpkin patch so you could swing by and ask. Or even try Burrett Museum on the mountain. Not sure of any of the costs though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Burrit is very nice. One of my bridesmaids is getting married at the mansion there with an outside wedding and inside reception. My rfeception is at the Huntsville Museum of Art but it doesn't have much room for an outside wedding. Annabella is gorgeous but pricey! Another friend is getting married at Tate Farms and it is a cute country style outside wedding and reception with bbq and a barn if you're going for that look. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards