Ohio-Columbus

Veil or no veil? That is the question...

Oh so here it is.... My Fiance and I are getting married on the beach on the North Shores of Hawaii.  It is just going to be kinda informal, he will be in a pair of kahki shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, and I am wearing a light, flowy 1 shoulder white ankle length sundress... we are only going to have maybe 10-12 close family members there with us on the beach.... Not too sure if I should wear a veil or not??? INPUT??? Thanks guys...

We will then be having a pretty big reception 2 weeks after we get back home, so we can celebrate our marriage with all our friends and family...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Veil or no veil? That is the question...

• edited December 2011
    I'd bypass it for a cute flower or hair clip to go with the beach feel.  But that is just me.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_veil-veil-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:1803967b-7e63-402f-8b4c-c48e9c656986Post:9224ba31-cc99-4ce2-985c-9ff9d64c7010">Re: Veil or no veil? That is the question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd bypass it for a cute flower or hair clip to go with the beach feel.  But that is just me.
    Posted by Jelenny[/QUOTE]

Definitely this.
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am with PPs--no veil. You should put some beautiful fresh flowers in your hair!
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • pharmgirl1024pharmgirl1024 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers for sure!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would say no veil except that my fave wedding pics are actually the ones with my veil ON, which totally surprised me b/c I am not at all a veil girl.  I had a rhinestone comb in my hair as well, and only had the veil on too for pics after the ceremony, and now I'm wishing I would have worn the veil longer.  Totally up to you though!  Just thought I'd throw that out there b/c I really was surprised at how romantic and pretty the veil looked. 
  • edited December 2011

i vote veil, depending on the weather on the beach. if it's windy, I'd ditch it for the cool flower - if not, you may regret not having any pics with a veil. either way, location sounds beautiful! i'm so jealous!!

It's for sure I'm gonna love you all the way. Frank Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards