Alabama
Options

Babies!

What are yours and your FI/DH's plans about having kids?

FI and I are only 22 and 23 respectively (we'll both be 23 by the time the wedding gets here) and don't want kids until sometime between age 28 (FI's wish) and 30 (my wish).  So we'll probably start trying somewhere around our 5th wedding anniversary.  We are excited about spending 5 years basking in our "coupleness" and getting established before shifting our focus to little ones.
image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: Babies!

• Options
    hckaczynhckaczyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're just like you! FI is 23 and I'm 22, and we want to wait five years depending on our financial situation. I'm slightly baby-crazy, and it was kinda hard to be convinced to wait that long, but I'm totally fine with it now because it gives us time to be a married couple and establish our careers and lives together.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are 23 and 24 we are thinking 5 years too. We are hoping to build our own home by and then have kids! Is any one else  getting bugged like crazy by their parents? My Mom is killing me she would be happy if we had a baby like in the first year!!! She has some serious grand baby fever!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are 27 and 26 but still want to wait at least a year.  We had a purity vow for the majority of our relationship and want to enjoy the benefits of being married before having to share each other.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to :[QUOTE]We are 23 and 24 we are thinking 5 years too. We are hoping to build our own home by and then have kids! Is any one else  getting bugged like crazy by their parents? My Mom is killing me she would be happy if we had a baby like in the first year!!! She has some serious grand baby fever!Posted by samantha1008[/QUOTE]FMIL is pestering us for kids, but to be fair, she was 35 when FI was born and FFIL was 45.  So as morbid as it sounds, if we wait too long to have kids, they might not get to enjoy them for very long.  My parents have put absolutely no pressure on us to have kids.  If anything, they want us to wait!
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards