Alabama

What did you do this weekend?

How was everyone's weekend?  Did you get anything done that was WR?  NWR?

I feel pretty accomplished about this past weekend!

Saturday FI and I got our new washer and dryer delivered to our apartment.  We splurged on the super nice models and we are SO GLAD we did!  I actually enjoy doing laundry now, lol.  Anyway, the dryer has a small scratch on the door that I probably wouldn't have even noticed, but one of the delivery guys saw it and pointed it out to me.  He said that I could either send the dryer back and order a new one, or accept a $75 refund back to my credit card.  I was like um lemme get that $75, lol.  So that was cool.  I then managed to do over a week's worth of laundry AND a queen-sized throw blanket in 4 loads - and the last load wasn't even full.

While the laundry was running, I finished all 20 thank you notes from my shower a couple weeks ago.  FI and I stuck those in the mailbox yesterday morning, so they're going out today!  Yay!  We also continued working on invitations. 

Yesterday we skipped church to sleep in, had lunch with FI's parents, and went to the grocery store.  We also worked on invitations.  They are in various states of completion now (40 or so totally done, about 200 RSVP cards ready to be stuffed into envelopes, all but about 2 addresses collected, etc.) and my office area is scattered with stacks of wedding stationery, lol.  I am really mad that the USPS website keeps messing up and won't let me order the stamps I want, so I gave up.  FI is going to the post office today to buy us some pretty stamps (or regular ones if there are no pretty ones).  I'm really hoping to have invitations in the mail by Friday!  Fingers crossed!

image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
17/100 books read in 2013

Re: What did you do this weekend?

• edited December 2011
    OH!!!!  And and also plus, I finished all of our send-off bubbles.  I bought a basket at Hobby Lobby that matches our colors, filled it to the brim with bubble bottles that have ribbon tied around them, only needed to tie ribbon on one more bottle to fill the basket, printed an adorable "Send-off Bubbles" sign, and attached the sign to the basket.  Bubbles CHECK!  :D
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Yay new washer and dryer!!!

Friday I got my bouquet and my MOH's bouquet from my friend who is making all the flower arrangements.  I am using artificial flowers btw.  They looked awesome!!!!

Saturday I had to go to a baby shoer.

SundayI went to church and I had my last bridal shower, and let me tell you I went out with a lot of stuff this time!!! My car was slam full with tons of gifts GREAT GIFTS! Ugh I am wishing I wouldn't have made such a fuss about waiting until we go married to use any of it! :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am not waiting until the wedding to use stuff I got from my August 6 shower and I don't plan to wait for stuff I get at my September 17 shower.  Three good reasons:

1.  Most stores have a 90 day or less return policy, and I'm currently 90 days out from my wedding.  If I wait until after the wedding (really after the HM since we're leaving for it the next morning) to pull a blender out of the box only to find out that it's broken, TOO BAD, I can't return it.

2.  I just on August 7 moved out of my parents' house for the first time.  It's not like I registered for nice new towels because I want to replace what I have.  I registered for towels because I NEED towels.  I got a toaster at my last shower and I would not have breakfast most days if I didn't use it.

3.  The justification for waiting is that you are supposed to return gifts to the giver if the wedding is called off.  Well, aside from the return policy issue mentioned above, the issue with that is that - wedding or not - I still have my own place now and I still need towels.  If the wedding were to be called off, I would just have to reimburse the person who gave me the towels or buy duplicates to give back to them.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I didn't get to do anything this weekend... The FI and I had plans to go into Rocky Mtn. National Park to look for moose (I've gotten really obsessed with seeing one in the wild :) but he ended up having to work off and on all weekend, so we mainly just hung out around the house... The highlight of the weekend was splitting a giant sandwich cookie from Whole Foods that was filled with some kind of wonderful icing/ cream that probably immediately destroyed our arteries.

Wedding- wise, I've kind of run out of steam... Waiting patiently for my next wind :)

And I LIVE for stuff like your tiny washer scratch rebate- Congrats ;p
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_did-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:74Discussion:f1a61cf6-19ab-4a1b-b6d9-5c5c331155b0Post:4adf9626-3fda-4f4e-abfe-8430e81fb644">Re: What did you do this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't get to do anything this weekend... <strong>The FI and I had plans to go into Rocky Mtn. National Park to look for moose (I've gotten really obsessed with seeing one in the wild :)</strong>but he ended up having to work off and on all weekend, so we mainly just hung out around the house... The highlight of the weekend was splitting a giant sandwich cookie from Whole Foods that was filled with some kind of wonderful icing/ cream that probably immediately destroyed our arteries. Wedding- wise, I've kind of run out of steam... Waiting patiently for my next wind :) And I LIVE for stuff like your tiny washer scratch rebate- Congrats ;p
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]

Omg that is so funny because I really want to see a moose too! Their so freaking big!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_alabama_did-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:74Discussion:f1a61cf6-19ab-4a1b-b6d9-5c5c331155b0Post:0497c857-16f7-4795-8575-4cedd85c536c">Re: What did you do this weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What did you do this weekend? : Omg that is so funny because I really want to see a moose too! Their so freaking big!
    Posted by samantha1008[/QUOTE]

<div>I know! I was SO sad, because we camped up there in June and went on this crazy 7 mile hike with only seeing a ton of elk, and then heard the next day that a mother moose and her baby were hanging out at the lake at the end of the hike... SO sad that we didn't see them then.</div><div>
    </div><div>We've been trying to get back up there all summer but just haven't had the time... Hopefully this weekend :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards