Ohio-Columbus
Options

KellyRVT/Swim and Racquet Club

Kelly, I saw that you mentioned the Swim and Racquet Club in an earlier post.  We have a different venue in mind as our top pick so far, but I'm a little concerned because the ceilings are relatively low there... Do you have any info/pictures about the Swim and Racquet Club?  I looked at their website but there wasn't too terribly much there.  I live in VA, so I won't be able to go check it out until I'm back in OH.

Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: KellyRVT/Swim and Racquet Club

• Options
    KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! The ceilings are not low there, it is actually apretty nice set up. The pictures on the website don't do it justice at all.

Pros:
    Updated venue
    built in bar
    fireplace
    patios
    split level allows different options (gift table, etc. upstairs)
    bring in your own caterer and alcohol
    only $500 rental
    very accommodating staff and you can pretty much do whatever you want
    lots of free parking
    great location

Cons:
    must bring in your own caterer, alcohol, linens, glassware, etc. But, you can contract with your caterer for this
    You really do need to rent chairs, they only offer cheap plastic  ones
    split level- could be great, but have to do it just right

We ended up going wtih the Clintonville Women's Club because they have an event coordinator who is wonderful ( and I didn't want to deal with renting everything). All of the food is extremely reasonably priced and lots of things are included. We are having 3 passed hor'deavors, sit down dinner and wedding cake for $45/pp including tax. Now, that is for an all vegetarian menu, I know they have other options that are a bit more expensive. But, you can't beat the price. With the money we are saving we are hiring a piano player to play during cocktail hour, we have a string quartet for our wedding ceremony (being held outdoors) and we are splurging on our dream vacation/honeymoon. Not to mention we spent a fortune candelabras we are using as centerpieces. There is no way I could have done that if we had gone with the Athaneaum or some of the other venues we looked at.

I don't think you could go wrong picking either place, they are similar in a lot of ways. Have someone go and look at both for you. Depending on how much planning you want to do, the Swim Club could be the perfect venue that ends up saving you a ton of money.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback.  I'll be sure to check it out when I'm home next week!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards