Alaska
Options

Alterations

Hi everyone.  I had to buy a wedding dress a size or two too big because it was a style being discontinued from JCrew- anyhow do any of your know a good seamstress in Anchorage you recommend? Thanks! 

Re: Alterations

• Options
    dco324dco324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd love any recommendations as well.  I bought my dress out of town and it will need a few alterations.
    I married my best friend on July 8, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking for one as well...I'll post if I find anything useful-- I was thinking of calling Anderson's and finding out who they reccomend cause I'm pretty sure they don't do alterations themselves
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Anderson's recently told me that they now have their own seamstress in the store which is great if I decide to buy my dress from them, but I'm considering buying a used dress so I would also love to know about a good seamstress.
    I once bought a bridesmaid dress from Anderson's and they had me go to "Moon's Alterations" on Dimond but I was very disappointed in how my dress turned out and it was pretty spendy for the botched job.

• Options
    sethandmaiasethandmaia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I own Celestial Designs in Wasilla.  I specialize in bridal.  I have been in business for 8 years, and have MANY brides that will drive out from Anchorage for their alterations.  I have testimonials, as well as pictures on my website.  http://www.celeste-bridal.com If you have any questions you may also call me at 373-7906
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The ladies at Anderson's Bride told me that they will alter a dress that is not bought from their stores. I got mine online and they said I could bring it in to get pressed and altered.
    I also got a recommendation for Oak's Tailors on Northern Lights and Arctic, apparently she used to be the lead seamstress at Nordstrom.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm using Celestial Designs in Wasilla. She's amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards