Alaska

Tern Lake Inn/Moose Pass

Have any of you had your wedding at the Tern Lake Inn? I'm hoping to plan a destination wedding here (from MN but fiance grew up in AK)...just wondering how your weddings looked...pictures? reviews? advice?
Any recommendations on lodging nearby in Moose Pass? For the price, the rooms seem a little underwhelming.
Thanks!

Re: Tern Lake Inn/Moose Pass

• I have a photographer recommendation for you...
    www.erosephoto.com
    Erica shot my friend's wedding this summer in Alpenglow and she was awesome. Totally unlike any one else I've seen in Alaska! She's shot in MN too, I think. Check her out!

Good luck in your planning :)
  • I am planning a wedding there for 2013 and grew up in Alaska as well. Tern Lake Inn is a beautiful location. They have indoor reception space but we are planning to rent tents for an outdoor ceremony and reception on their green.

The lodging in the area is fairly basic but clean. A few standouts would be be:

Alaska Heavenly Lodge - you can actually buy the site out for guests to stay at a fair price (btw this is also a great location for a more rustic destination wedding)
    Summit Lake Lodge - the newly renovated cabins are nice
    Kenai Princess Lodge - just okay, but the convenience of booking out a lot of rooms at once makes it a prime location (do it early as they book quickly for tours etc)
    Gwin's Lodge
    Riverhaven cabins

Also, think about a few of the B&Bs in the area which are simple but nice e.g. Hutch, or Stevenson retreat.

There are also beautiful homes for groups of guests that can be rented through VRBO. 

In general, I wouldn't set expectations for luxury accomodations. But the one's above are clean and basic...most people will be so excited by the beautiful scenery and proximity to the lakes / rivers that it will all work out. 

A few friends are renting RVs for mine and the Tern Lake Inn let's you park a few onsite if you rent the full venue out around the date. 

I wouldn't rule out Seward as a non Cooper Landing next stop - the drive is only 30 mins or so and for guests who are willing to drive a bit you can find nice lodging there as well. 
  • Also - for pictures you can go to Chugach Peaks Photography website and select Moose Pass Weddings. There are a few posted which should give you a good perspective on what to expect. This site is also great for checking out other venues around the state. 

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards