Alaska

Venues in Kenai/Soldotna Area

I'm newly engaged and at the moment I'm in Arizona so I'm having a little trouble looking for venues.  I'm looking at venues around Kenai/Soldotna and I'm having trouble finding ones that are what I want.  Does anyone know of any indoor venues that can hold around 200 people that aren't the Challenger Learning Center, Kenai Senior Center, or Kenai Landing?  I've looked into those three and they just don't fit what I need.  We have two back up ideas for venues, but one's in Cooper Landing and the other in Girdwood so it would be nice to find something a little closer to home.  Thank you for your help!

Re: Venues in Kenai/Soldotna Area

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!  There are a couple other venues that I know about.  One is the Soldotna Sport's Center.  They have a few rooms that open into each other to provide a larger space, there is a kitchen area and a dance floor that are available to rent out.  We have DJed a few parties there but no weddings yet.
    Their prices are reasonable, too. 

Also, if you can't find anything here that you like and start looking as far as Girdwood, don't forget about Homer.  They have some good options there, also. 

AND- if you are looking for a great DJ to do your reception, please give us a call. We are located in Kenai so you don't have to pay pricey travel fees!

Let me know if I can be any further help.  Our website:  http://www.kodjentertainment.com

Good Luck!
    Angela (K.O. Entertainment)
    907-599-0103
  • edited December 2011
    Another consideration is Kenai Convention and Visitors center.  Not the senior's center, this is where they host different art exhibits.  They can hold 150 with an additional expansion.  I believe their cost is $400 for a full day which is 8 hours.  Unfortunatly you have to be done by 10:30 pm.  You may be able to pay extra for later hours.  We have not DJed there yet, but we will be next summer.  Hope this helps.

Angela
    K.O. Entertainment
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't plan on drinking at your reception, Alaska Christian College has one of the most beautiful rooms around.
  • mkbarkleymkbarkley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have trouble looking for places in Soldotna/Kenai, Seward is just around the corner.  
  • elellingsonelellingson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to mention Alaska Christian College too! Beautiful spaces.
    If you're looking for a photographer, check out our photographer from Anchorage (she travels) www.erosephoto.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards