Arkansas

Well, it would seem that we're having a honeymoon baby.

That's right, I am knocked up. We weren't planning on it happening so soon, but it did and we're happy. So, I must get myself over to The Bump. *lol*

Re: Well, it would seem that we're having a honeymoon baby.

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Babies are so great! (But I'm going to keep them far away for quite a while!) lol
  • sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, congrats!  How far along are ya?See ya on 1st tri!  :)
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • amelianguyamelianguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I actually think it's a pre-wedding baby, but we're not quite sure. (My menstrual cycle has always been a little wonky and I honestly don't remember when my last period was, I just know it was sometime between my bachelorette party and my wedding, which was a 3 week span.) So I'm estimating between 4 and 6 weeks. The weird thing is that my sister is pregnant too! She found out on Friday, and then I found out on Sunday. So chances are we will have our babies very close to one another! We're pretty excited about that. Hopefully at my 1st appointment the doctor will be able to give me a more accurate idea of how far along I actually am. See you over there, Sucrets! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I know what you mean about a "wonky" cycle--it always causes FI to stress out WAY more than necessary.  He thinks I'm currently pregnant which is 99% impossible lol. Boys are so weird.
  • amelianguyamelianguy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I know Katie! DH used to freak out all the time when we first started dating. Finally he figured out that's just the way I am. When I took the test on Sunday, I definitely was not expecting a positive though! I thought my period was just late like always. The difference this time though was that I actually have pregnancy symptoms - sore boobs, nausea, etc.
    edited December 2011
    I feel like I advertise this all over the boards, but have you heard of charting, katie?  It's the only way to really know what's going on with your body (when you're ovulating, etc) and all is takes is a basal body thermometer (like, $5) and a minute or so for you to take your temp in the morning.  The catch is that you have to do it before you get out of bed or move or anything.  I would set my alarm for about 20 min before I got up, rolled over and took it, and then went back to sleep.Check out Taking Charge of Your Fertility for more info (even for trying to avoid) and www.fertilityfriend.com. The site is geared for people ttc, but you can still use the free chart.For instance, I ovulated really late this cycle, but I knew that I hadn't ovulated yet because of my temp in the morning, so when my period was 'late', I knew exactly why.  If I hadn't charted, I would have been taking tests and getting negatives and wondering why.

• edited December 2011
    I'll check into that Danielle.  It would be nice to have some proof to reassure Josh since he's so paranoid all the time.  I keep telling him all the time that it's highly unlikely, but he still has that thought in the back of his mind. But thanks for the tip--I'll definitely check into it :)
    edited December 2011
    It's super empowering and I had no idea exactly how my body worked until I learned about it.  It's pretty cool.It can also increase your chances when you start ttc because you'll know when you're the most fertile.  ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards