Arkansas
Options

Anyone using a videographer?

Hello, fellow Arkansas brides. My wedding is in October 2013. I have the date, the venue, working on the photographer (meeting her this weekend to do paperwork) and I'm currently shopping around for a videographer. Someone who will film the important parts of ceremony and reception and make a cheesy (but great quality) movie for us to watch over and over again. I've been shopping around, looking for people who do this and they are expensive!!! I think I've only found 2 that are under 1K. One of which had so-so video quality in their samples and one didn't have samples at all. So my question to yall is this: Are you using a videographer? If so, who? And please tell me (or at least estimate) how much they charged/will charge you. I honestly would rather not spend a small fortune on a video, but I do want a keepsake other than still pictures.Thank you guys so much and I look forward to a busier forum as more brides join TK!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone using a videographer?

• Options
    jlk67jlk67 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    We had a videographer for the ceremony only and we only paid $450.  He did a really good job.  We used Michael Mueller in Hot Springs.  That was 3 years ago, so his rates may have changed, but his prices were pretty reasonable then.

There were moments of the reception I wish we had on video, so in retrospect, I wish we had went ahead and paid for the reception too. 

The best thing about it to me is that he came in before the ceremony and taped some of our guests sending us messages.  It's nice to be able to see those.  We had our pictures taken prior to the ceremony and he was there for all of that too.  We were having fun and it's cool to have that on video.
  • Options
    We are having one. I absolutely want the day on video. We are getting married in Eureka Springs and are having Eureka Springs Wedding Videography do ours 4 hours for 800. Not bad and he has great quality video production.
  • Options
    I think we are paying $1800 and it was about average for the quotes we got.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards