Arkansas

DRAMA! Need help!

The FOG and MOG do NOT get along at all! The MOG has said that she will pick up any slack by the FOG and his second wife(who freaked out when her own daughter wanted a $300 wedding dress because she thought it was too expensive). My wedding is going to cost a lot more than they are willing to spend. How do I involve the FOG and stepmom in the wedding planning? I want them to be included but I don't want to hear any complaints about money. Also, the Groom and stepmom don't get along that well and he doesn't really want me to include her in the planning but I feel like I should if they are going to be contributing money. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: DRAMA! Need help!

• sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The easiest way to avoid all the drama is to just pay for it yourself with your FI.  Is that a possibility?

However, if they contribute money then they should have a say in some of the planning, but maybe you can have them pay for specific things that you're okay with compromising on.  Like, if you aren't too particular about food, let them pay for that and then they can help choose the menu.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards