Arkansas

Don't know what to do anymore!

We are on a very tiny budget ($1000) so we can't afford to pay a day of coordinator.

I originally had a friend of a friend who volunteered to help coordinate, but she bailed on me recently.  (I'm thinking because I wasn't into her ideas....such as no veils since she thought they were cliche, or having a unity candle no matter what even though I'm having an outside ceremony and will be doing sand instead)

So after asking all my family and friends, it seems that no one is willing to coordinator the wedding.  Also I can not find help for decorator and clean up of ceremony (at a park) and reception (borrowed restaurant with no staff).  Well none officially....I have 2 "maybes". 

This is completely stressing me out!

Re: Don't know what to do anymore!

• edited December 2011
    Do you have a wedding party?  I know people talk about not bossing your WP around, but they are for helping you on your wedding day.  Besides set up and clean up, as far as serving goes...maybe contact a restaurant for some servers who will work for cheap?  Or post on Criagslist?  Surely you can find someone for cheap? 

Other than that...what is there to coordinate?  Can you get some friends together as a "house party"?  I got 4 friends who are in my house party for the wedding who are doing things like passing out programs, cutting and passing out cake and punch, and making sure all the gifts get back to my house.

• sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Relax!

Remember that people have been getting married for decades without wedding planners, so you don't NEED one. 

Are your parents able to help out at all?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • girlykittygirlykitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have asked for help from other people and excuses seem to always happen.  And I have called on people who told me that they can help...but it seems that they need me to watch over them 24/7.  Right now, I really am scared to ask anyone else since I'm tried of rejection and feel like I am just begging now.

My mom is really no help since I won't let her take over and make every decision.  And my dad says that he knows people, yet seen no one.  But I also have not seen any financial help that they promised from either of them (they are divorce), so I'm not holding my breath.

My FI says that he knows a friend that can help, but wants me to call to find out more information...which is really upsetting since I told him that it is HIS friend so why should I have to call her about everything.  I already have to do everything else and he only had to do a handful of things....Different if he already talked to her about everything and then needed for me to talk to her about specifics and help.

The only thing that may happen is that I can possible get 2 restaurant people to stay, but I would have to give them pictures of how do to everything.

*sigh, I'm about to say screw it.    I just wish I had an OCD sister or brother that can help, lol. 
  • girlykittygirlykitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To add to things:
    (Background story to explain: we planned last month to elope in March because of the stress, well my family flipped out and asked us to have a symbolic ceremony, I'm the only daughter.  We agreed and decided to do this before the reception and have both in April.  Then I found out that I was pregnant last week, just 5 weeks at the time )

My FI told me last night that he wants to cancel the symbolic ceremony and reception and just have it after the baby is born and still go ahead with out elopement plans.  Or even wait until next year to have the symbolic ceremony/reception.  I'm saying that there is no point in us getting married, then waiting 7 months for the baby to have the reception.  Or even wait until next year.

Am I wrong to think like this?  I thought the purpose of a reception is to celebrate the marriage right after it happens, not months later.
  • sucrets4sucrets4 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you - even if you elope, celebrating now is definitely the best option.

And congrats on your baby!  Time flies by so fast...it feels like yesterday that I got a + test!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • ashleyhurt86ashleyhurt86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw I kinda teared up when I read this I'm on a super small budget too and it seems I can't find any support with anyone either. I really hope it all works out and someone would step for you. Best of luck with it all!
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of my fiance's family is a realtor and is a WP on the side (just a fun hobby).  He's done several of our friends weddings and has done a good job.  I don't know his prices, but I imagine he'll work with  you.  His name is Wes Reeder and works for Reeder Realty.  If that doesn't work my brothers MIL is wanting to start her own WP company (the only catch is that she is in Dallas).  Let me know if you want her info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards