Delaware

Wedding Cocktail Reception in Delaware

Hi Knotties!

So we wanted to do just a small, immediate family wedding ceremony so are just having one on the cruise ship right before we depart for our honeymoon, which also includes a brief reception for ourselves & our families.

We would still like to have a somewhat formal reception when we return home, to invite all of our family & friends to. The above obviously comes with a cost so we do not wish to do a full, all-out reception, so were thinking maybe a cocktail reception or something similar -- still somewhat inclusive as to having decorations, a cake, a DJ, and drinks & hors d'ourves/food, etc. (just at a lower cost per person/overall cheaper price yet still have a reception-like feel, just a little more simple.)

So my question is, does anyone know of any venues in Delaware or any surrounding areas (PA, MD or NJ) that offer cocktail receptions or something similar/cheaper than a full reception, or have any other ideas/suggestions as to what we can do?

We are not opposed to renting a tent and having a tented reception and just getting a caterer, however, do not have the room in anyone's yards and I am not sure of any places that will allow you to rent an outside space, and if you are allowed to bring alcohol.

Thanks ladies! :)

Re: Wedding Cocktail Reception in Delaware

• Did you get any response/decide? I'm trying to do something similar - destination wedding with close fam, then cocktail reception with maybe 85 ppl (NJ/PA area).

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards