Delaware

Photographer and DJ

Hi ladies,
Does anyone have any photographers or DJs that they love and can recommend?
Thanks for your help in advance!

Re: Photographer and DJ

• edited December 2011
    Misty Dawn Photography is really good. She's really friendly and she does some really great candids. She has a website, mistydawnphoto.com. As far as Dj's, what type of music do you want? Some DJ's are better at newer music, like R&B/Pop, and others do a mix of the older music. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What's your price point?  Like venues, that's important for deciding, for both of these.  DJs can go from $700 all the way up to $1500, and Photogs, well, they range all the way up to $5000+.  Really, until I know what you want to spend and what you are looking for (do you want classic photos, or photojournalistic, or complete candid??), it's hard to recommend for either.
  • edited December 2011

As far as DJs go, I just want the classic songs people dance to at weddings, nothing too new.
    As far as photography goes, I like photojournalistic and candids most. I've found photographers are much more expensive in Delaware than in Pittsburgh so my budget is $2,500 max. And for a DJ I'd like to stick around $1,000. If I can get either category for less that would be fabulous (of course).
    I'll check out Misty Dawn. Thanks for the help!

• edited December 2011
    Check out DJ's Available.  They are based out of Moorestown, NJ, but travel to your wedding location.  They have about a dozen DJ's to choose from, and you can go to a showcase to pick your own DJ based on their personality and music taste.
  • edited December 2011
    I'll check them out, thank you!
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Also check out Photography by Leah - She is right around that price range and she has great pictures!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Tom Barrett for my DJ.  Haven't heard horrible things (he was recommended to me by an old Knottie, ImMrsFranks), and he has a 4.9/5 rating on Martha Stewart Weddings.  For 5 hours, I am paying $700.

For photogs, I am using Belles and Beaus (Nicole Curran), based out of Newark, DE.  Her top package is $1600 and includes a good bit.  She's got a little bit of a more classical style, but if you send her what you want (I sent her a whole bunch of links to photogs and photos I really liked), she work with you to get that.  Her website is http://www.bellesandbeausphoto.com.

Another one to check out is Kate's Lens.  I don't know if her prices have gone up, but she was in her price range when I started looking.  Another one I have heard several times is Dazzle Photography- I know they are newer, so their pricing may be better.

Unfortunately, good photojournalistic photogs cost ALOT- $4000 and over.  But if you look hard, and are willing to mix classic with journalistic, you can get something that works.

• edited December 2011

For my DJ, I'm using Jenny Z Mobile DJ Service.  She's based out of MD, but she travels.  She has a website: http://www.jennyzmobiledj.com

And for my photographer, I'm using someone who is just starting out in the business, but very talented.  He did the wedding pictures for my cousin a year ago, and they turned out great.  He has a bit of a portfolio online... http://www.prlcreative.com

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards