Delaware

Name Change Anxiety

So...it hit me the other day that I will be losing my last name...not sure why it is bothering me. I never thought it would bother me to give it up. Any experiences or suggestions?

Re: Name Change Anxiety

• edited December 2011
    I cant say I am experiencing it, Im looking forward to taking Tony's name (even though people mess his name up worse then my currrent name lol). If it bothers you, would you consider keeping yours?  Or maybe doing the hyphenate (sp?) thing?
  • edited December 2011
    I felt the same way. Leading up to and when I changed my name I was upset and felt anxious about it. I considered hyphenating it, but I decided not to. Now, I am glad I changed it because every time someone calls me Mrs. .... I smile:) I think it feels like you are giving a piece of yourself up when you change your name, but you are gaining a new piece.
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am, and have, considered hyphenating. I have a crazy long last name already so it would be fun for the telemarketers. LOL Thanks for the reassurance that its not just me...it is exactly the fear of giving up that piece. You nailed it exactly! If you hyphen, can you still use either name on your checks and for work? Do you always have to use both names?
  • edited December 2011
    I have been told if you hyphenate you should use it everywhere and always keep it the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards