Delaware
Options

Small update

I saw the pain management doctor yesterday because I have been dealing with breakthrough pain/massive flare-up ever since I got back from NOLA.She switched me over from the oral pain meds to the a pain patch that I wear on my chest for 72 hours, then change to a new one.  I talked to my mom, who has lots of patients who use this particular type of pain relief, about the effectiveness.  She said that this type is very effective because it's a constant stream of meds, and she has many patients who like this over the orals.They also doubled my medication that I use for breakthrough pain during the day.Finally, she ordered my 17th injection for next Wednesday.  We know that it probably won't relieve all of the pain (it never has), but in the past, when I am having really bad flare-ups, it's been effective in at least getting the breakthrough pain under control and getting the regular pain level back down to its normal level.  I joked that "I am having another injection.  17 and counting...sounds like a certain TV show that I am obsessed with, LOL"!Hopefully, all this switching the meds, and doing another dang blasted injection, will help at least get the higher pain levels under control.  Here's to hoping...

Re: Small update

• Options
    lmicoluccilmicolucci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how you deal with all of this Brit...it would drive me bonkers.  I hope  you feel better, and it's good they switched you to a new med that will hopefully be more effective.  I hope to see you on sunday!
  • Options
    amlinton1615amlinton1615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks!  Feel better soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, good luck with the injection and the pain patch! It's good that your mom had positive things to say about the pain patch.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GL Brit - I hope it helps the pain :)  Also hope you get answers about your surgery soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Britt, I am so sorry that you have to go through all of this.  Yet, every time I see you, you are happy and cheerful as can be.  You're an inspiration.  I really hope your new meds keep everything under control...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls- you all are so awesome, and cheer me up so much.We went and filled the meds today, and started the patch- I am really keeping my fingers crossed that the patch works well.  And hopefully, the injection will work.I try to keep a smile on, because while I may not have the best situation right now, there are so many others out there who have it worse, and they are the ones who deserve the courageous award.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards