Delaware

Venting on David's Bridal

My out-of-town family wanted to go dress shopping on Monday.  To prepare, I called DB last week and asked to schedule an appointment with a specific person.  The girl sounded like she didn't have a clue and put my on hold.  The end result was that I needed to call back in a couple days because they hadn't made the schedule and didn't know who was working the next week.  I called on Wednesday and explained the above.  She scheduled me for 7pm but with a different person since my person was leaving early. Took my name...the whole enchilada!  I went and registered on their website previously.  Come Monday...I am totally excited, show up right before 7pm, and what do I find???  To my surprise, the girl I made the appointment had left early!  Oh yeah...they looked through the book and didn't even see my name!  So I was naturally irritated.  My family was there so I said fine to working with another person. Ugg!!!!!!  All I wanted was a fun outgoing consultant (actually said those words!) and that seemed to be way too hard for DB.  After standing there waiting for the girl for 20 minutes, we pulled dresses off the rack and went back to do it ourselves.  Eventually the girl came back and while very sweet, she was virtually useless.  My aunt and Mom dressed and fluffed me.  UGGGGGG!!!!!!!  Ok...I feel better. :)

Re: Venting on David's Bridal

• edited December 2011
    aww Michelle - that sucks!!  Your dress shopping experience will get better....  Try a different place! 
  • ElizabethPineElizabethPine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That stinks! Who did you deal with? I went there about three times (ended up buying my dress elsewhere) and Carmen helped me and she was great! But I've heard horror stories!
  • edited December 2011
    I too had a bad experience with DB.  I pulled all the dresses myself, my sister and mom helped me in and out of the dresses and I did not enjoy working with my consultant.I ended up buying my dress at Brides&Grooms in Newark.  Susan is my consultant and she is fabulous; very fun to work with and very professional.  Good luck and don't worry - it'll get better and you'll find THE ONE :)
    *Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up with Beth.  She was sweet and timid.  Just not right for me and what I expected.  I can't wait to go to the place in Meadowood Shopping Center.
  • devilzkandidevilzkandi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain! My girlfriend and I went to the Prices Corner location numerous times (with and without an appointment) and it was not pleasant. Most of the employees were rude and seemed flighty. One woman went as far as to yell at us while looking at the sale dresses. I was happy to inform her I would be looking for a gown of for myself soon, and would NOT be back to their store. Not that it would have a huge impact, but still, that behavior is bad for business.Anyhow, we ended up going to Brides&Grooms and my gal found her dress there. She just had her final fitting and she is very happy with their service. Keep looking Santorini, you'll find it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards