Delaware
Options

So I am apparently broken. LOL

I got to work and was brushing out my hair/fixing my makeup since the windows were down. Well I thought I have eye makeup smudge on my right eye, apparently not. I had this lovely random bruise!!! Weirdest, since first spotted at 9:00, it has gotten DARKER within the hour and a half. So I have an appointment at 1:15 and I hope it is nothing but a popped vessel or something, but I look like I was decked in the eye![img]http://i82.servimg.com/u/f82/12/82/98/35/bruise11.jpg[/img](I hope that is not large - sorry if it is)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So I am apparently broken. LOL

• Options
    lmicoluccilmicolucci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks Jackie...hope it clears up by the weekend...by the way...expect an email from me soon.  :)
  • Options
    MrsJax09MrsJax09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Got it! Mucho thanks!!!
  • Options
    amlinton1615amlinton1615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, hope it gets better fast.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What did the doc say? 
  • Options
    MrsJax09MrsJax09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get this. I go in there and doc says he is going to avoid dilating my eye since the medication has never been tested for safety during pregnancy. I'm OK with that. So he does and eye check to confirm my vision has not been compromised and then has me look into the magnifier. Next thing I know I am hearing "Hmmmm....ok. Let me get my colleague to see if he thinks it is what I think." After some more hmms and that's interesting he says it appears that I burst a capillary, likely from high blood pressure (which I have NEVER had before). However unlike normal instances where it would just bruise and the like, mine decided to be "special" and form a BLOOD BLISTER! And, of course, from where it is located they don't want to pop and drain it because it is near eye ducts and they dont want the standing fluid to get near those in case it carries an infection. So I was "discharged" with instructions to flush my eyes every few hours to keep them wet so it wont irritate and cold compress 3-4 times a day for a few days then mix in warm until it is absorbed again. However if I start to feel ill with headaches to call back. I reminded him I get anyway being pregnant, so he said because it is so close to my nose it will likely feel like sinus pain. Goody. I also have to watch for swelling (size) and puffiness. If anything changes he wants to refer me out to the doctor that specialized in eye lids AKA "lid guy". (Wouldn't that be an awesome business card "The Lid Guy". LOL) I think the funniest part was when he was doing the insurance form. He was like, no....it's not that. Doesn't fit with that either. So finally he decides on "Unclassified Lid Disorder." FABULOUS! LMAO!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well, if you have to be referred to "the lid guy", let me know his name, because I have a condition called blepharcolasis...inflammation of the eyelids...i take pictures of myself whenever it happens because I look hideous.  I'll share them with you some day. by the way, good to knot it isn't life threatening. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow Jackie - that sucks :(  I hoe your feeling better soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh goodness.  Only you, Jackie, only you. :)Just teasing...I hope it gets better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards