Delaware
Options

Reception "activity" ideas

My fiance has decided he wants some activities at our wedding to give guests something to do during the down time or for those who are not interested in dancing. I was thinking a photo booth, but I need some other ideas as well. Please help! PS nothing cheezy!

Re: Reception "activity" ideas

• Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure if this is cheesy but you could have the MC hand out icebreaker activity sheets. Each person is given a sheet that says "Find one person who was in college with the groom", "Find one of the bride's aunts", etc. This would get everyone talking and mingling. Maybe even have then do a "get to know the newlyweds" game and have the MC go over your responses. These might be ideas for them to do before you arrive at the recption.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could have a Wishing Well Tree. At each guest's place setting, put a piece of paper that says something like "Please write your well wishes for the bride & groom and hang them on the tree" Similar to this: http://yourdailywed.blogspot.com/2009/03/wish-treethe-outcome.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A couple of ideas:instead of having a photobook/guestbook, you could set up a "scrapbook" area, where each person could make either a page, or you could have the pages ready made and they write their wellwishes on a piece of nice paper and stick it where they want.  With either way, you could have embellishments, different photos, etc etc.Martha Stewart has a camera photo scavenger hunt list that you can download and print right from there- it has all the fancy graphics and all right on it.  Then, provide the list with a pencil and a camera for the guests to take photos of the items (they are things like "an older person hugging a younger person" or "a stolen kiss between the bride and groom" type things).If you wanted to have something fun and totally not expected, and have kids coming to the wedding (or for adults too, some would get a kick out of it), have a table full of LEGOs to play with.  For us, we have a kids table, and instead of doing a floral centerpiece, we are doing a few buckets full of LEGOs that the kids can play with.  We are also covering the table in butcher block paper and giving them crayons to color with during dinner and afterwards.Hope those help.  Unfortunately, there are not many other ideas out there that go along with his demands.PS- I have never seen you post on here before!  Please, do an intro post and let us know who you are, when you got engaged, when you are getting married, etc- we like to help brides out as much as we can on here, but we also like to know who we are helping :)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards