Delaware
Options

Spring2009

Hi! How was the wedding at Rockwood Mansion. Any thoughts? Thanks for the help.

Re: Spring2009

• Options
    Spring2009Spring2009 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rockwood mansion is very small and intimate. It was pouring rain, so they weren't able to have their ceremony outside, which I'm sure would have been beautiful. Instead, they improvised and had it in a room off of the room we had dinner in. It was a patio with a tin roof and plastic sides. Not ideal but what can you do in the rain, ya know? It was still a beautiful ceremony and the couple was really happy. As for the room we had dinner in, it was very nice, but small. I am not sure how many were in attendance but it was probably at its max. Actually a few tables were set up in the room that held the ceremony (mentioned above). So they might have been able to fit a few more but those tables would have probably felt out of the party. The place is nice as a whole and The Greenery Caterer (I believe that's what their name was) was outstanding. The food seriously was great. I think if you are looking for an old mansion feel, you might be able to find something alittle bigger. But if you want that intimate, small guest list, this place might be the venue for you (I'd say <100 ppl). Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer for you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! That really stinks, but I'm sure the couple and everyone else still had a great time!! It will hopefully be around 120, so hopefully it doesn't feel too tight in there :) Thanks for the feedback!
  • Options
    Spring2009Spring2009 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No Problem... and by no means am I the expert. The coordinator there would be able to tell you best the max # of ppl that could fit. Good luck with your planning! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards