Delaware
Options

Parent's Gifts

Morning! For our parent's gifts we are giving my parents and FI's mom a parent album from the wedding. This album probably won't be done until months after our wedding. At the rehearsal dinner when we are handing out presents, how do we tell them that they're not going to get their gift for a few months? Do we write it in their card, just tell them? And what's a tactful way of wording it?TIA!

Re: Parent's Gifts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard of people doing the following, and we probably will end up doing something like this as well...We are probably going to get a card for each, write them each a letter to go inside the card that thanks them,etc (expect tears!), and write in the actual card that they will be receiving an album once the pictures are in.  Most people who have done this have said that they are more touched by the letter, and are thankful for the album, but appreciate the thoughtfulness of the letter more.If you want to give them something at the RD, how about getting them an embroidered handkerchief with a saying of your choice?  I have heard there are lots of tears when those are given as gifts as well.  That way, you have something small to give them, the letter will mean worlds to them, and the card can tell them there is more on the way.  If you wanted, once they have read the letters and everyone has seen the hankies, you can also make an announcement like, "FI and I have decided to get our parents each an album of the wedding, which will be ready once the photographer's pictures come back and we pick the ones to go into each album.  We wanted to get them something to remember the day and thank them for everything, and feel this was a great way to show our love and appreciation."HTH!
  • Options
    lmicoluccilmicolucci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom told me she wanted something from a store down at the beach as her gift, and since she was there this past weekend, she just paid for it and i'll just have to pay her back.  there are no surprises in this family.  now i just have to get my dad something...probably a gift cert for golf.  i was going to get him engraved cufflinks but my mom told me he wouldn't like them, cause he'll never wear them.  well, there goes that idea. I wasnt' planning on giving my parents their gifts until either the day before or the night  before the wedding (i'm staying at their house the night before) because we didn't get rich's dad anything (he hasn't helped and is a PIA).  We'll give him a copy of the video once that's complete. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lura, if your dad plays golf, what about getting him some golf accessories?  There's a store (next to the ice cream place LOL) called Golf Galaxy, and it has some nice accessory type golf items- we got a friend a whole bunch of stuff from there for a birthday, including a Penn State golf club covering and some other PSU items.Didn't know it that would go well with the golf cert.  Just an idea.  The prices were not horrible, either!
  • Options
    lmicoluccilmicolucci member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the idea Brit, and my dad does love that store, but he has everything, i mean everything.  He buys himself a new set of clubs every year. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards