Ohio-Columbus

Athenaeum downtown ??

Hi!! 

I am just wondering if anyone has been to a wedding or had their wedding at The Athenaeum downtown? I have looked at the pictures and read reviews and it seems awesome! However, I am sometimes hesitatnt to read the reviews and believe them?? The food looks pretty good and it is a reasonable price? Any thoughts??

Re: Athenaeum downtown ??

• I have been to several weddings there and I am glad that's not where I had my wedding.  Out of the 4 times I have eaten there, it was only good once.  My friends said they nickle and dime you and are difficult to work with.  The space is unique but very dark.  I used the same phototographer that one of my friends used and he had complained to me later that it was very difficult for him to shoot there.  I also remember that parking was not easy and we had to walk a distance to get to the Athenaeum.  Not fun when it is raining.  Good luck with all your planning.
  • I have a friend that had her wedding there and she too complanied about them overcharging her and once she showed her orginal paperwork they where very hard to work with. They kept giving her the run around.
  • we booked with them and then decided to go a different route, they were awful and we hated our event planner. but i have heard good things from other people!
  • So far I really like it! Our wedding is in May and they have been willing to work with me since I am out of town. Maybe it's Ann Clarke. She has been great! There are a few additional charges that you dont realize at first, but so far it hasn't been horrible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards