Delaware
Options

Foschi Photography

In shopping around for photographers, I found that Foschi includes a lot of options for moderate prices.  My only concern with them is that they seem very traditional and not creative.Do any of you have experiences with Foschi that you can share??  FI is not concerned with finding the right photographer "because they all take the same pictures, you just tell them what you want" which I completely disagree with.Thanks!

Re: Foschi Photography

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Foschi was one of the photogs we met with before deciding on the one we picked.  We were not impressed, at all.First off, they don't tell you which photog they are sending you until the day of- they have 7, which bothered me.  I wanted to know who I was working with.When we met with them, we came prepared with a list of questions- all of which were met with "ummms" and "we will have to see" and "I will get back to you on that".  The questions were not hard ones, and it bothered us that they didn't have answers (for example, we asked if they had recommendations on parks in NCCo or near Wilmington to go to for outdoor photos, as our church and hall neither have outdoor space.  They could not tell us any parks, but it represents that I was worried they couldn't think on their feet or have ideas of creativity).Then, when we got to the pricing, we said no at that point.  They are known for nickel and diming their customers, and they still do that!  Travel fees, set up fees, album set up fees- it all added up to over 3500 when all was said and done for their popular package they advertise!  We just don't have that type of money to spend, but we also don't like the fact that they couldn't tell us up front about it all, and we had to read the fine print to find out.We had a family friend who used them, and was very happy with them, but they had the money to spend.  They are more along the lines of traditional, posed photography, and have been known around this area for years.  If you are looking for moderate priced photogs, there are better ones out there to go with, IMO.  For the price I was quoted, I could have gone with Cindy Guessford, Sarah Schulte, Tom Lunt, or any of the other ones that are raved about.If you have any questions, let me know, and I will be glad to help you.  IMO, for the money you would spend on Foschi, do the research (ask on the Philly board if you need to) and find an awesome photog for that price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I found every pic to be posed too, which is not at all what I want.  We have a great group of fun family and friends and I want some candid photos to showcase that.  When I asked if they did more photojournalistic shots, I was assured they do, but haven't seen any samples that support that info.
  • Options
    colleen3724colleen3724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    highly recommend Tom Lunt & Kate Burgess! www.luntphotography.com & www.kateslens.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards