Delaware

(Re) Intro & Officiant Question

Hi girls!  I've introduced myself a couple of times on here and then disappeared.  Now that I'm getting closer and closer to the wedding day (204 days, but who's counting!) and the wedding planning is in full swing, I thought I would jump back on these boards for some of your great advice.  Anyway, my name is Leslie and I'm getting married 11/5/11.  I just moved to DE a few months ago and between the moving, the home renovations and a new job, I'm a little behind on the wedding planning.  I have booked the venue (catering on site), photog and dj and now I'm working on finding a good officiant.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  FI is fairly religious, but I am not so we are looking for someone flexible who will let us personalize the ceremony.  We are getting married about 30 minutes from DE in MD, so we would need someone willing to travel as well.  Any suggestions would  be greatly appreciated!  TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: (Re) Intro & Officiant Question

• wicked+faerywicked+faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    u could try the officiant my sister used in 2009. her name is Taya & my sister's wedding was in chesapeak city, MD so she'll deffinitely travel.

• edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married 11/5/11! :-)

I have no answer to your question though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have too many suggestions, but I'm getting married in MD too:) I just wanted to say welcome back! :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Leslie-
    Welcome back! i don't have an officiant yet, so i'm looking for one myself...i've heard from another knottie that Rev. Robert Faatz was an excellent officiant at her wedding. He was booked for my day but i have his contact info somewhere if you can't find it online...where are you getting married at? where did you move from? we're in the process of buying a house too (hopefully!)...it's great to have that added stress...ack!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!  I have a date twin :)

Thanks all!  I'll look into your suggestions!

EiDuffy-  I'm getting married in Havre de Grace.  It was sort of halfway between here and DC (where I just moved from) and we really love the feel of the quaint historic town.  And I feel your pain, the house buying/moving thing was definitely an added stressor, but it is worth it in the end!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JayElleJayCeeJayElleJayCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Rev. Robert Faatz and he was great. DH's family are Catholic but i'm not so I was sooo worried about the ceremony. However, we had so many compliments on him!!! He personalizes as much as you want and he was pretty funny which is what I wanted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • awdammawdamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've booked Taya from alteredvows.com

She is amazing. She can really work with how ever you want your ceremony to you doing all the writing to her guiding you or she has pre-designed ceremony formats to follow.

She hasn't married us yet but I knew from the minute we met with her she was a perfect fit. She's fun, out goig, professional and can get the job done!

SO YOU CAN"T HAVE HER ON 11/11/11 Sorry ladies she's mine!

:D
  • honeybombhoneybomb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll chime in with Taya as well, she is marrying us on July 17th and is awesome. She has lots of religious and non-religious ceremonies and will work with you. She does charge to travel though, since she's based in northern DE. But it was worth it for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards